The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Best part...being able to read mirror writing. Just augh, handwriting. I mean, I know he was getting warped into an otherworldly horror, but that's no excuse for bad penmanship.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Well, he was a mage.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Mirror writing was indeed awesome, and that is defintley 47 Rue Foyle
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Nice of him to give us an address, then. Also I'm pretty sure the woman with the things on her neck is our dove from earlier.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Cronax, was your idea backed up with a check in anything? Only I got weird signals from the GM when I talked about going with it, and I'd really like to get this decision made ASAP before some random encounter jumps us.

Edit: Specifically, I got it confirmed that Cerise can probably identify what happened to Celodin. I do not know if Lia knows a mechanical ritual to keep the Cap warded up, which seems to be sort of a decisive bit of information to be in question. Lia?

Kerrian, how long is it going to take for you to make your crazy drug trip attempt? If its longer than a week, we might as well take our chances at Monmonte anyway.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

No, just common sense and Agale's motivations. Keeping a dangerous monster in the basement just seems like a bad idea. I agree that the decision shouldn't drag on. If you really want to press the issue, I'll relent.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

It is, I just have this horrible mental image of a whole prison full of political prisoners becoming an abberrant dimensional invasion force. Just one of those hunches that won't go away.

I'll wait for Yanus's answer before deciding how I'll have Tomas push.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Alternatively, all the furniture in the Chateau could get infused with eldritch energy and we'd be stuck in a twisted version of 'Beauty and the Beast'.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

DocBeard wrote: Kerrian, how long is it going to take for you to make your crazy drug trip attempt? If its longer than a week, we might as well take our chances at Monmonte anyway.
It's mostly me improvising based on the GM's saying "ok, that's cool". Whomever wants to come along on a potential magical mystery rescue attempt, let me know. Of course, Kerrian isn't going to make the attempt without knowing what the heck Cedolin is.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

So we've got 'A Level Out Of Half-Life' or 'That weird 90s tv show version of Beauty and the Beast.'.
It's mostly me improvising based on the GM's saying "ok, that's cool". Whomever wants to come along on a potential magical mystery rescue attempt, let me know. Of course, Kerrian isn't going to make the attempt without knowing what the heck Cedolin is.
Okay. After thinking it over my instinct says we go with the prison. Anyone have any objections?
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Actually, I'm thinking we need a third option other than the basement or Montmort. Whistler, doesn't Celeste have an estate somewhere in the city? Anyone else have any favors to call in? Maybe hide him under the embassy for Vedderrak to guard?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

My solution--dump him in the Marquis' lap. I think it has several advantages: We prove we can get stuff done, we put poor ol' Cedolin in the hands of the person (second) most likely to actually keep hold of him, and we may get a chance to pump the Marquis and/or his lieutenants for information about what Cedolin has become, where he went, etc.

Thoughts?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Huh. Good thought, Nate.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Got my vote Nathan, I can't see any good coming of putting a potential threat within the walls of our only safe haven.

Leaving it up to the Marquis puts the onus on him rather than us, and it avoids a trip to Montmort, which will make Nicholas very happy....

Although anyone attempting rituals can count on Nicholas assistance, he might seem like a flake but he does have some arcane abaility, you just need to catch him before he starts drinking....
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Yeah, I was going to say "dump him with the cops" as well. Count me in!
Post Reply