The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

umm stupid question but can I target Cedolin with a rnaged attack when Darius is in the way?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
anywhere that provokes AoO's near people with big swords?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

'Closer to me' would be awesome. I shouldn't have skipped my move action last turn, sorry. I can get out into the hallway this round but any kind of boost for my speed or teleport spell would be awesome.

Also, are we yes or no on the nonlethal? I would love to save him but I'm not going to get a party member killed over it.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

lostboy wrote:umm stupid question but can I target Cedolin with a rnaged attack when Darius is in the way?
Firing through an enemy square doesn't block your attack, but does provide the enemy you are attacking with cover (-2 to your attack). You can fire through allied squares without penalty just as you can move through allied squares without penalty... unless they choose to get in your way. So if Darius wants to be obnoxious and wave his hands in front of Nick, Nick will just have to live with it. :P

Also, I'm not sure if the people new to 4e are aware of what grants combat advantage and what doesn't. I will try to be more diligent in noting when this happens. The status effect Dazed grants combat advantage, which means that anyone attacking gets a +2 to hit the target.

Ceedy is sadly not Dazed, but currently has a -4 to defenses.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

lostboy wrote:
So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
anywhere that provokes AoO's near people with big swords?
Unfortunately, push, pull, and slide never provoke opportunity attacks (unless the power specifically mentions it)
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

The Whistler wrote:So, if I did a thing that could potentially slide Cedolin three squares on each of my turns, where would you guys like me to move him to first?
If you're going to do this let me get a hit in >-> I can flank him here.

EDIT: Actually, it may be best to leave him where he is. I know that puts you out of his range, Doc, but right now pretty much everyone can blast him in some way or another. Better that than shove him some place only a few people can get to him easily.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Fair enough. I'll take one last swipe at a turret-I'm one square short of being able to heal Agale, sorry.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

You know what, I could kick him a square to the northeast; that way, if I move to the west side of the corridor, Nick, Agale and Lia would have a clearer shot at him.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Please, feel free. ^^
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

DocBeard wrote:Anyway, from your opening post I'd say you know what you are doing; that said, I very much hope that you'll be open to talking strategics with us, because I'm not kidding when I say that Neo and Izy play on hard mode. The most anyone would ever do is a logical argument ala Cronax's advice in the thread; I can be kind of gruff but my bark is way worse than my bite. But the psychological impact of the team taking a moment to pool our resources and get a hold on the encounter has turned plenty of seemingly hopeless situations around for us. Frankly, I think you'd be missing out on some of the fun.
By not participating in that, I mean I won't be able to offer much help, like "why doesn't X go to Y to do Z?" I'll always hear what people have to say about strategy, just doesn't mean I'll agree/understand what the point is :P. I understand about hard mode, though. With ~8 of us, I can see why.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Everyone (except Tomas) currently has a clear shot at Cedolin. Allies do not block line of effect.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

FYI, Cyrus' vulnerability 5 applies to all damage. This applies to half-damage on missed attacks as well. However, the vulnerability damage is added before the damage is halved.

So for example, if Darius had missed Cap. Cedolin, he would have rolled his damage (20), added the vulnerable bonus (5), then halved the total to get his actual damage (12). (This is a moot point in this current example because the vulnerability had not happened because Cedolin's turn had not ended, while the -4 had happened, meaning Nathan's damage is 20. :P)

As a further reminder to everyone, there are no special movement rules for moving diagonally in 4e. It does not take any more movement to go in a diagonal line than in a straight one.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Oh, Rock, you will probably want to start listing which defense your attack targets. Just saying "18" doesn't really tell much because the DMs won't know what to compare it against :)
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Also, we're level 6. We only get two daily attack powers. You've used Flaming Sphere and Fireball so you're pretty much out until next chapter. The wizard spellbook feature lets you know more powers, but still only lets you prepare one per slot.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Ah, yes, he's right. You'll have to pick another attack power, Rock.

Whomever is taking that +2 bonus to hit on Cedolin from Agale, please 'call it' in the OOC before making the attack roll. It only applies to one attack and we would prefer not to have three people try to use it because they didn't realize someone else had already taken it.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Post Reply