Mists of Winter: Chapter Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mists of Winter: Chapter Three

Post by ewancummins »

FRANZ
tarlyn wrote:Franz is equally serious, ignoring the men. "Ja. He vast twice my size," he replies. Franz is over six feet tall, his body not an ounce of fat ob it. He weighs over 200 plus pounds just so the men can imagine what the Giant Golithos was as a foe. He mentions the flying eyes as well and what they did to people.

"It all happened so fast. Suddenly ve vere fightink it. Ve are LUCKY to be alive after dat, Sergeant, belief me. Any person with no experience or taking it for granted would definitely haff perished." Franz looks directly at the Sergeant.
''Sounds like quite a fight. When are the rest of your crew coming back?"

The sergeant steps back to make room for Franz and Kat under the awning.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat steps under the awning gratefully.

"We met the huntsman of a local Lord who has been having trouble as well. They have gone to report to him. They will be a few hours I expect."

She cannot help eying the water as she shelters from the rain although she knows the witch can make herself invisible. After all she was last seen just a few yards from this very spot.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Kat steps under the awning gratefully.

"We met the huntsman of a local Lord who has been having trouble as well. They have gone to report to him. They will be a few hours I expect."

She cannot help eying the water as she shelters from the rain although she knows the witch can make herself invisible. After all she was last seen just a few yards from this very spot.

''A few hours? Hmm.... River's high and rising. Too dangerous right now to go and search that smuggler's den or whatever it was."
He smiles at Kat and Franz
''There's a pub down the lane. We'll be in there where it's warm and dry. You're welcome to come with us."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Tanks for de invitation. Kat, I tink ve haff enough time to go to de pub," Franz says as he steps under the awning next to Kat.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

LATE AFTERNOON

Their business finished at the Baronet's, and with the heavy rain having dropped off to a mere drizzle, the companions have returned to the city.
Not finding Kat, Franz, or the Port-Master’s men on the swamped docks, the party searches higher ground. Moving up the narrow streets of slick cobblestone, they hear a dog barking from a nearby doorway.
Looking over, they see Munchen hopping up and down, wagging his short tail.
The dog runs back inside the masonry front of the house.

Inside, the party finds a crowded pub room, warm, smoky, lit by candles to augment the evening light through the green glass roundel windows.
In the back, near the hearth fire, the Port-Master’s men rise up from a table and wave at them.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Since even a drizzle could soak through clothing and boots Raen is happy to get out of the rain. "I've seen enough water for a week" he grumbles to whomever is next to him. His spirits haven't lift up much since they retreated from Jenny. Seeing the men at the back, he gives them a nod and throwing a look at the others moves towards them.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat seems to have returned to her inoffensive persona to a degree, her rapier well wrapped in her cloak and out of sight. Still she is drinking and laughing with the men easily enough, seeming little affected by the adventure. She is, however, taking care to relate out in enough detail that people can be warned of the danger.

As the others come in she waves cheerfully at them.

"come in! Get dry and raise a drink to our victory!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen rises an eyebrow. "I will certainly drink to our victory. Future victory that is. Have you explained to the fine gentlemen what happened 'downstairs' Kat? Including the unpleasant details and grievous errors of judgment?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Franz is glad to be out of the rain. He orders a mug of hot tea or coffee and stays near the fireplace to dry off. He orders a nice bone for Munchen and contemplates their adventure. We acted in haste without thinking, is his main thought. Something he would discuss with the group later. That is beginning with Kat moving behind Gorileth. They could have had a powerful ally with the Giant.

And killing an innocent man did not sit well with the ex Talon at all.
He also wanted to visit his new friend and her father with Dorgio as soon as the Priest was available.

He moves to the table once he is finished drying off at the fireplace, but stands, surveying the room and its occupants. He makes no move to sit but listens to the conversation.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Sergeant scowls.
''Unpleasant details?"

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:The Sergeant scowls.
''Unpleasant details?"
Franz interjects "Ja, unpleasant details," he says in a low voice as he leans into the conversation.

Keeping in a low tone, eyes especially looking at every party member pointedly "Maybe ve should discuss dis in a more private
room. It is not somtink ve should be talkink about amongst deiner patrons uff de establishment. I strongly URGE us to speak in a more private settink, bitte sie."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Sergeant jerks his thumb towards a door set in the back wall, left of the fireplace.

"We can use the back room. I'm sure the patron won't object."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara is glad they finally get away from the rain. She joins the others but cannot help dart Raen with an icy look when he mentions the unpleasant details in front of the sergeant. She and Franz killed a man downthere and even if was by mistake the gendarmes might not take that lightly. Waits Franz to enter the room behind sergeant and then says to Benn.

"I think we better go there as well..."
Last edited by VAN on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Bitte Sie, den shall ve?" Franz moves towards the door.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen nods and stands.
My DMGuild work!