Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Was ist passiert? Weiß er etwas? Ach, warum habe ich sogar die Mühe machen?" Helfried breaths a sigh of frustration and shakes his head before following the others.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The gardener nods sympathetically

""Ja, sie ist ein nettes Mädchen, aber ein bisschen verrückt, wenn Sie mich fragen. Ich werde, dass Tee bereit, wenn du zurückkommst, Sir."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Uh, ok let's go. Hey, Hammond, yer unerstan that feller? Whut he has ter say? Whussis name? I dun wanner be callin him Clyde or somethin."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine was ready to leave when noticed that Hammond spoke Halfierd's language as well! So says to the caliban:

"Gorn, his name is Halfierd and apparently Hammond speaks his language as well. Which can be handy in future."

Even if she knows that Hammond thinks she is bit crazy she decides to risk asking him another question:

"What language you speak here in Zhaerisia? Do you think with the language me and my friend Gorn speak we can make it or we need to learn anotehr one? And what about Halfierd's language? I noticed you speak this one too And where can we find that lawyer that paied you to look after the garden?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Mr Hammond looks a little bemused and the volley of questions and pauses to sort them out in his mind

"You're speakin' just fine ma'am. This bein' a port city it pays to learn a few more. And th' man you want is mr Witherington. Jakeflow street. Uptown"

He points up the street
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Thank you very much Mr Hammond. Last thing, can you tell me how I can tell in Halfierd's language "go" and how "wait". You seem you are the only one that can understand him right now."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried looks greatly relieved when the gardener begins speaking in Falkovnian.
"Sie sprechen Falkovnian? Oh, das ist eine gute Nachricht! Bitte, müssen Sie wissen etwas von dem, was ist los?"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Ich bin ein bisschen aus der Übung, aber ich werde mein Bestes tun. Ich denke, die junge Dame war über ihren schlechten Träumen zu fragen. Etwas über unfähig sich zu bewegen. Wenn Sie Ihr Geschäft hier meine, ich weiß nichts darüber. Sie sollten zu diesem Anwalt Herr Witherington sprechen."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried looks a bit disappointed as he listens to the gardeners reply.
"Verstanden wird. Haben Sie schon irgendwelche Gerüchte von Menschen, die in den Bereich aus anderen Ländern gebracht?"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Ein paar haben eingezogen werde ich sie erwähnen, dass Sie hier sind"

Leaving the gardner to his work, you descend to the street and head up the slight slope. The rain has slackened to a slight drizzle, and people are crowding around. At every other step, efforts are made to sell you some minor item: matches, candles, dusters, buttons, pins, thread and a dozen other things.

As you ascend the slope the houses grow a little larger, the streets a little wider and the vendors a little more polite. Charity Street suddenly become Jermyn Street with no obvious reason, except that the houses here get a little more upmarket. Then, on your left, you see Jakeflow Street, with just a short distance down it a larger house, with a brass plaque on the front reading "Witherington and Wolbert"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine walks looking a bit surprised the sellesmen but at the same time keeps an eye at her belongings because knows very well how easy it is to get robbed in a crowd place like this/ When spots the house they are looking for she points it to the others and says:

"Here it is, lets go."

She walks towards the large house and knocks gently the door.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn spits in his hands and rubs his wet hands through his hair. "Ah, there. That's much better. I think my hair is more appropriate now."
He gets another cigar and lights up, exhaling slowly. "Now all I need is a brew an I'm set for the day."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried continues to follow Catherine as she seems to know how to navigate the crowded streets. When they arrive at the house he sets his eyes in a grim fashion, not knowing what to expect on the other side of the door but preparing for the worst.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The door opens to your knock, to reveal a well dressed but burly looking man who eyes you carefully. On identifying yourselves, however, everything changes. A suave valet wafts you through to a comfortable parlour, where piping hot tea is provided, and small sweet cakes. Pleasant chamber music is playing from somewhere. Across the hall you got a quick glimpse of an office where clients seem to be waiting in line to see clerks, but there is no queing for you! After a short pause a well dressed man in a dark suit and a purple cravat appears, bowing politely before seating himself. Another, younger man follows him and sits slightly to one side. He says nothing, except to translate for the benefit of Helfried

"It is an honour to meet you Master Helfried, Mistress Catherine! I do hope you have found the house to your liking. My name is Witherington: James Witherington, Solicitor at Law. May I be of assisstance in any way?"
Last edited by kintire on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine notices really surpirsed how differently they are treated in this house. She doesn't expect that at all and she doesn't really like it. Catherine believes that they are expected there despite what Witherington says so decides to go directly to the point.

"Glad to finally meet you Mr Witherington and thank you for the fine house you provided for us. But may you please answer some I'm afraid banal questions I have?"

Without waiting a reply continues:

"Why are we in Zhaerisia, how we arrived and why you picked us?"

Waiting him to reply Catherine gets a better look at the room searching for exits if they need to run away.
Last edited by VAN on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !