New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by ewancummins »

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:I know it's been a while, but I wanted to say hi again. My name is Yaoi Huntress Earth and I've been a long time Ravenloft fan who has even done some stuff for the Undead Sea Scrolls. Inspired by the Ravenloft stuff done in the Storyteller's Vault, I've decided to try my hand at it. I'd like to do an update on Pharazia (3.5 ed. mentioned that Diamabel is trying to build a religion around himself) and a make-over of Nosos (playing with the idea of industry vs nature, showing the worst of both sides).
I know your screenname from someplace. The U.S.S, no doubt.
Gleemax boards, too, though? Anyway, great to have you on board.

Nosos and Pharazia both rank pretty high on the list of domains I like but haven't used in active play. I'll be interested to see what you do with them.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

And greetings to all the otehr new guys!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

And greetings to all the other new guys!

Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

ewancummins wrote:
I know your screenname from someplace. The U.S.S, no doubt.
Gleemax boards, too, though? Anyway, great to have you on board.

Nosos and Pharazia both rank pretty high on the list of domains I like but haven't used in active play. I'll be interested to see what you do with them.
Yep, I have a few entries on the U.S.S. So far, I'm almost done with my write up for Pharazia (just gotta finish the NPC section) and then I'll get to Nosos.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:I know it's been a while, but I wanted to say hi again. My name is Yaoi Huntress Earth and I've been a long time Ravenloft fan who has even done some stuff for the Undead Sea Scrolls. Inspired by the Ravenloft stuff done in the Storyteller's Vault, I've decided to try my hand at it. I'd like to do an update on Pharazia (3.5 ed. mentioned that Diamabel is trying to build a religion around himself) and a make-over of Nosos (playing with the idea of industry vs nature, showing the worst of both sides).
The pandemic is pulling us all out the woodwork! I expect we'll see Iggy next!
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
The pandemic is pulling us all out the woodwork! I expect we'll see Iggy next!
That would be something.
Mordred of Verona
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mordred of Verona »

Hey, I'm Mordred.

Just signed up today, been a fan of D&D since I was twelve years old and Ravenloft is by far my favorite setting.

My favorite iteration is the original Realm of Terror boxed set for 2nd Edition AD&D. I still have an old copy my Dad bought back in the early 90's.

Honestly been thinking of a recreation of that version of the setting in a newer rules set like 3.5/Pathfinder or 5th Edition, but with sections for Gothic Earth/Masque of the Red Death and some homebrew domains and darklords thrown in there as well.

Recently began some early brainstorming of some homebrew concepts for Ravenloft, one is a domain with a distinct Greco-Roman setting and the other is a wooded domain that is based on Colonial North America, with a powerful witch or female lich as the dark lord of that domain

Still thinking of who would be the dark lord for the Roman setting.
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mordred of Verona wrote:Hey, I'm Mordred.

Just signed up today, been a fan of D&D since I was twelve years old and Ravenloft is by far my favorite setting.

My favorite iteration is the original Realm of Terror boxed set for 2nd Edition AD&D. I still have an old copy my Dad bought back in the early 90's.

Honestly been thinking of a recreation of that version of the setting in a newer rules set like 3.5/Pathfinder or 5th Edition, but with sections for Gothic Earth/Masque of the Red Death and some homebrew domains and darklords thrown in there as well.

Recently began some early brainstorming of some homebrew concepts for Ravenloft, one is a domain with a distinct Greco-Roman setting and the other is a wooded domain that is based on Colonial North America, with a powerful witch or female lich as the dark lord of that domain

Still thinking of who would be the dark lord for the Roman setting.
I like the idea of a Greco-Roman domain since there are plenty of Greek tragedies that could be fodder. Anyway, it's nice to meet you.
humanwreck
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by humanwreck »

Hi guys,
after using mistipedia for couple of years, I just noticed there is also a forum attached to FoS web page! (Yes, I know...). So I peeked in and found myself very surprised how alive the community is and what kind of treasures it can produce. Impressive.
Not too much to say about me... after a long TT RPG break (when I was unsuccesfully trying to convince myself that I am too mature for this kind of hobby), I gave a try to Ravenloft and it absolutely consumed me. Currently, I am DMing a third RL campaing via VTT in a text-based mode (with pics, ambience and battlemaps).
Thank you guys for this great environment.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, humanwreck! Glad you finally found us. Maybe we need to make the links between the different parts of the site more prominent. Who knows how many others are in your situation and could be joining us here? In any case, welcome!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
FiranDarcalus
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by FiranDarcalus »

Hi everyone!

Long time Ravenloft player here (approx 17 yrs DM'ing Ravenloft, plus about 6 years PC'ing it before that). Have been following this site for many years as well (not sure why I never signed up to post stuff). I just wanted to say I really love the passion & dedication of everyone on here. I am especially a fan of the Quoth the Raven stuff. I've used quite a few ideas over the years from it.

I actually posted something as well concerning a question I had in regards to a new game I'm going to start running come fall. Would appreciate any feedback.

Also, Gonzoron, I've always loved reading your campaign journals! I've read them all and find them super fascinating. I've always wanted to try something similar with my games as well.

Anyway, excited to finally take the plunge and officially join. :D
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

FiranDarcalus wrote:Hi everyone!

(...)

Anyway, excited to finally take the plunge and officially join. :D
Welcome to our manor, friend.

From Montréal, hum ... :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, welcome, FiranDarcalus!
FiranDarcalus wrote:Also, Gonzoron, I've always loved reading your campaign journals! I've read them all and find them super fascinating. I've always wanted to try something similar with my games as well.
many thanks, I'm always glad when people enjoy them.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Morgane
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Morgane »

Hello! I'm certainly not new to Ravenloft, seeing as I'm still playing with my good ol' Black Box, but I am new to this forum! I used to browse the Fraternity of Shadows and Mordent Cartographic Society websites for information on Ravenloft. I actually only played D&D until the mid-nineties, but used Ravenloft for other systems for several more years after.

I only got back into it when I decided to try a running a fifth edition game. Long story short, I thought Curse of Strahd was just a remake of the old Ravenloft/House of Strahd module and ended up running a campaign for two play groups over the course of the last two years :shock: I intend to keep running Ravenloft campaigns for the foreseeable future and I have to admit D&D kind of grew on me. I recently got a hold of "Jester" David Gibson's Ravenloft supplements to update my old boxed set to fifth edition and I look forward to show the lands beyond Barovia to my players!

P.S.: Shout out to the other Montréal people! :D
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Morgane wrote:Hello! I'm certainly not new to Ravenloft, seeing as I'm still playing with my good ol' Black Box, but I am new to this forum! I used to browse the Fraternity of Shadows and Mordent Cartographic Society websites for information on Ravenloft. I actually only played D&D until the mid-nineties, but used Ravenloft for other systems for several more years after.

I only got back into it when I decided to try a running a fifth edition game. Long story short, I thought Curse of Strahd was just a remake of the old Ravenloft/House of Strahd module and ended up running a campaign for two play groups over the course of the last two years :shock: I intend to keep running Ravenloft campaigns for the foreseeable future and I have to admit D&D kind of grew on me. I recently got a hold of "Jester" David Gibson's Ravenloft supplements to update my old boxed set to fifth edition and I look forward to show the lands beyond Barovia to my players!

P.S.: Shout out to the other Montréal people! :D
Welcome to the Fraternity, and please stay in the lighted rooms, we're not quite sure what lurks in the dark here...

Montréal, huh? :D
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)