Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3429
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:33 am
Location: Egham, UK

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by Ail »

And as for knowledges, there is not such a skill in 2ed :)

Hey, folks, I had a fancy for birthright many years ago, when I actually was studying a bit about heraldry. If any of you would like to have a jpg with their shield made, I can make one for you (just give me enough time), just for the fun of it.

I did a few in the past for a group of guild mates in an MMO, but I've lost the pics, otherwise I'd show them to you.

Anyways... that's the offer.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:And as for knowledges, there is not such a skill in 2ed :)

Hey, folks, I had a fancy for birthright many years ago, when I actually was studying a bit about heraldry. If any of you would like to have a jpg with their shield made, I can make one for you (just give me enough time), just for the fun of it.

I did a few in the past for a group of guild mates in an MMO, but I've lost the pics, otherwise I'd show them to you.

Anyways... that's the offer.
Oooh, nice!
:azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Okay, so did we all decide our characters were archers this time? :D

I'd originally conceptualized Renn as using a longbow, but I'd be happy to do a little re-tooling on Renn so that we don't have a lot of redundant skills.

Oh, I'd keep the bow. It's cool.

Besides, the player characters may not necessarilly form an adventuring party, although of course paths will cross. The PCs are all connected into the larger plot-- but not in a rigid, railroad sort of way. This one has expanded room for subplots, split scences, etc. Tuornen's story is your story--all of your stories are part of it.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Sweet natural 20! I hit an AC of -7.

If double damage I did a grand total of 22.


Noted.


I'd like to playtest an optional rule from page 86 of the PHB.

If you roll a Natural 20, you get a second attack at normal damage.

Ah, and if the second roll is also a nat 20? You get a third roll. And so on and so forth. It's highly unlikely, but conceivable, that an incredibly lucky set of rolls could in one round take down somebody with a truckload of HP. Not likely, but possible.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

[dice]0[/dice]


[dice]1[/dice]+4 damage
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Ah, that's not a fumble as it was an additional attack.

Check the post...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Tarlyn, if your PC has gather intelligence or streetwise ( street sense) she may attempt a NWP check to get more info.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by Adam »

I am actually a cleric. Not that you would know by looking at me...but yeah.

I may take you up on the heraldry thing. Rogerson is actually the old-english origin of my last name, Rogers. So, I may send you our family crest and see what you can come up with.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Tarlyn, if your PC has gather intelligence or streetwise ( street sense) she may attempt a NWP check to get more info.


Okay coming up.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by steveflam »

Gather information 12

Also should fit with my post as she is actively seeking information after she leaves the dive. So can count the roll for with FEz and the rest of the time?
User avatar
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by RocEter »

If Cormac doesn't stop the hunter he goes to find the donkey. Cormac is welcome to follow along and leave the bandit for dead..
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by steveflam »

Just am curious. How many are we? Maybe ewan could state the players and their pc's?
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by Adam »

The picture that Cormac's character was inspired from.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/image ... 98_3S22wbQ
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by RocEter »

Image of the hunter. He has tawny color hair and thick bushy side burns like a loins mane. He also appears to be in his early 20s.

Image


Also I don't know what Cormac knows about the Huntsman, or if he has heard the legends. I leave that up to Ewan.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by VAN »

Filbert is a halfling, the hair are a bit lighter than those at the pic and the eyes are dark brown. He has use to have a colorful outfit and a jester hat.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Post Reply