Page 27 of 146

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 pm
by lostboy
*sorry Internet connection died - damn Uk not being prepared for snow*

unfortunatley I do have work...

I'm out at meetings most of tomorrow day and early evening but I should be free after about 11 at night (thats GMT -so 6pm for you guys I guess and earlier for Nathan)

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
That's the worst of organizing this kind of thing...time zone trouble!

I'm afraid I have no really good suggestions on timing...on a weekday I think there is no good combination of times for us. :( I can't really do 3 PM tomorrow (11 GMT, 6 EST), because I have a meeting at 2 that often goes more than an hour...

Right now might work if we can make it snappy. :?

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm
by NeoTiamat
*drumroll*

I suspect I can't introduce this better than Gonzoron and Lostboy can, so without further adieu, let me present: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=6843

It is a massive, but also massively useful map.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 pm
by NeoTiamat
Also, the Int Checks have been rendered moot now. Basically, what you would have remembered is that Warden Giroud was Cedolin's liason with the Church of Ezra.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 am
by Cronax
I understand the removal of specific times from the GM posts was necessary to loosen up the chronological narrative, but would it be possible to keep more general times like 'Morning', 'Afternoon' or 'Evening' in the header?

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 pm
by NeoTiamat
Cronax wrote:I understand the removal of specific times from the GM posts was necessary to loosen up the chronological narrative, but would it be possible to keep more general times like 'Morning', 'Afternoon' or 'Evening' in the header?
Done.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:15 pm
by Cronax
Doc wrote: I will go with Mauganson and Miss Viardot to Lecanu's room, Sister Doherty and the Isfahani brothers will investigate Greiner's room, Lia, you'll go with the Blackwoods to investigate Vaillant's room, and our Mister Agale and de Castaigne will start looking in the library
*High Five*

I detect comedy gold with these divisions =P

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:42 pm
by DocBeard
Oh, I have a serious, IC reason for the organization.

The fact that everyone suffers is just sort of a side benefit.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 pm
by NeoTiamat
Alright, I would say to the groups in the rooms to wrap up, make any final checks you want, and start heading out. I would like to reconvene the entire party at the Library (so Nicolas and Agale can stay put and talk to crazy-ghost-nun) sometime tomorrow.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 am
by DocBeard
Okay, so.

It turns out my plan to get an estimate of where the crime took place was built on a faulty assumption. I know, "Beard? Do something stupid? The shock!". Fortunately, I have to wake up every morning and realize, "Oh, you're still you." and that's punishment enough for just about anyone.

Lets get a list going of what we've found so that similar mistakes are not made. I'll start.
We know:
Warden 1 liked lots and lots of books, spending well beyond his means on them. We're not sure how he got the money to live like this. His interest changed every few months.

He made a paper trail. We have a list of every seller he used and how much he spent there.

Warden 1's interest focuses all coincided with an exhibit at the gallery that was destroyed last chapter. A cover for a robbery operation? Smuggling? Embezzling scheme? Coincidence?

Warden 1 was meticulously neat,

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 am
by NeoTiamat
For the record, Warden 1, that is, Warden Lecanu, was a copyist and sometime restorer of old texts.

Warden Vaillant (Lia's one) was a petty scholar and friend of Lecanu.

Warden Grenier (the Twins and Nerit) was a Darkonian preacher here temporarily, and as far as you know not really connected to either of the above.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:08 am
by Cronax
What I think we have here is alley murder scenario:

Basically, Lecanu in his obsession found something interesting and followed it to its source (They metaphorical alley). There he was shanked by some villain. Warden 2 realizes his friend is gone and traces his steps down the same 'alley' and suffers the same fate. Wash, rinse, repeat and the alley starts filling up with bodies. If this is so, then it shouldn't be overly difficult to find the 'alley' ourselves and being plucky adventurers, hope we are well armed enough not to be shanked ourselves when the time comes.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:13 am
by The Whistler
NeoTiamat wrote:The customer was a young woman of about twenty years of age, dressed in a sober grey dress of a Mordentish cut.
...Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mary Collins "about twenty years of age" during EoA? Ten in-game years ago? :shock:

(is not suspicious at all)

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:46 am
by DocBeard
Yep.

oooOOOooooooh!

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 am
by Kaitou Kage
Remember, she's also the woman who in the cutscene just walked off into the desert alone. From the Monastery. After she witnessed the Conspiracy leave all us losers behind :)