New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: New to Ravenloft? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SkiBird »

Hey gang. :D Just signed up the other day. What a great resource!

Not new to Ravenloft, I was introduced with the 2E boxed set. Sort of fell out of love with 3.0/3.5/4E for a few years, but I continued gaming in other systems. Recently found the site and the Arthaus stuff and it got me itching to get back into the Dread Realms…

Look forward to gaming with you in the PbP forum.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome home! Hope you find an opening in a pbp quickly. Enjoy!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Depeched
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Depeched »

Hello all!

I'm new to being a DM and have been trying to adapt The Awakening to 4E on my own. So imagine my joy/relief to find this website!

I'm off to scour your vaults. Thank you for existing! :D
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Depeched wrote:I'm new to being a DM and have been trying to adapt The Awakening to 4E on my own. So imagine my joy/relief to find this website!
Welcome, Welcome! I'm not sure we have anything directly applicable to your task at hand, but I'm sure there will be people happy to assist if you have specific questions, so feel free to post and ask.
Off the top of my head, the only things I can think of that might help your are our Nova Vaasa entry in the adventure hook bank:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/TheVault ... Vaasa.html
and the Nova Vaasa Mistipedia page:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Nova_Vaasa
I'm off to scour your vaults.
Enjoy! and be sure to check for traps! We do discourage loiterers. ;)
Thank you for existing! :D
No problem, It's what we do best!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
TheSalemlord
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by TheSalemlord »

Welcome Depeched!
If you are planning to convert a 2ed Ravenloft adventure to 4ed, you may like to check Jester's 4E Rules for Fear, Horror and Madness, they are very useful! http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Libr ... t_v2.0.pdf
Depeched
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Depeched »

Thank you Gonzoron and Salemlord!

The Jester rules have already taken a huge weight off my shoulders and the Nova Vaasa material is great.

I might add a bit more Malken to my adventure. He seems like a great character
endianprime
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by endianprime »

hello I'm here because the FoS and all its associated groups have created such a resource of information about ravenloft that I simply could resist no longer.

I've been researching for a ravenloft campaign for years now and am very excited about it. I'll be running it for a single player whose character even in a full PC group would take center stage. this is one of the reasons why my regular group will not be involved. the campaign has used the extensive notes found around this site and mistapedia as well as those made by John C. Mangrum, Alanik Ray and Ryan Naylor. the work each of you have put into this has really helped me. Ryan if you see this I want to thank you personally for your illustrated history of the core and John your name seems to show up on over half the files I use for major research.

[edit] Alanik Ray - I see this guys name as a character and at times I swear I've seen it as an author. if he's an author then special thanks to him and if he's a character then special thanks to the guys who made books using his name.

the campaign its self will use Ryan's predictions for the future but the ToUD has a very special end. it begins in the year 755 B.C. and lasts 20 years. it houses several moduals and infrequent time travel to keep events where they happened but at the character's proper progression in levels. I intend to record the entire campaign as I do all my games as of late and perhaps upload them or at least links to them here. I've not done any pod casts before but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

this campaign is the whole reason I'm here and so I felt it was important to have it in my introduction. as for me a huge part of me wants to get involved in everything around here. I want to fill out the wiki, ask questions to the writers who are still around and help make netbooks. [Re-Edit] namely I'd like to promote/ help finish the Gaz and VRG series but I like to bite off more than I can chew so we'll see about all that... also I posted this originally at 8am or some such and hadn't slept in about 30 hours so there's that lol.

currently my other projects involve writing my own gaming system, working from home as an online vendor of digital media and writing/running my campaigns. so you can see I stay busy but on my own schedule.

so that's me.

previously came after "netbooks"
[EDIT sentence removed by gonzoron for language and edition-bashing]
Last edited by endianprime on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am the land"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome! I'm very glad you found us, and that you are enjoying the resources here. Please take note of our rules:
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... ?f=9&t=304
(In particular, I removed a sentence from your post for violating rules #1 and #2a) Your passion for Ravenloft comes through loud and clear, though, so welcome! and we look forward to hearing more about your campaign. If you need any advice, don't hesitate to post and ask!
endianprime
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by endianprime »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Welcome! I'm very glad you found us, and that you are enjoying the resources here. Please take note of our rules:
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... ?f=9&t=304
(In particular, I removed a sentence from your post for violating rules #1 and #2a) Your passion for Ravenloft comes through loud and clear, though, so welcome! and we look forward to hearing more about your campaign. If you need any advice, don't hesitate to post and ask!

ha ha ha sorry about that. yeah i was afraid I was possibly breaking some rules there. thanks for the leniency. I'll review those rules. just to say though I don't hate 4E I don't love it but to each there own. I however do not agree with the changes made to vistani, perhaps others do so thank you for correcting it. anyways thanks for the warm welcome.
"I am the land"
Ravenous
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ravenous »

Well hello :)
I've known this page for years and loved it but for some reason never felt like joining the forums and introducing myself here
Ive always loved DND and all the iterations of RAvenloft for DND. Although my current Ravenloft campaign is running on Pathfinder rules (yup, I've already checked your Pathfinder resources, -pretty rad-).
The Fraternity of Shadows is awesome!

:azalin:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

^would this happen to be Aaron? :P or you just use a similar name to someone in my old group? :)
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Ravenous! glad to be of service!
galladril
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by galladril »

Hail and Well Met, Fellow Travelers of the Mists!

I am Galladril,a Player of Dungeons and Dragons since 1989.

The "bug" to finish collecting my Ravenloft collection hit me recently, and over the past few weeks, I have been slowly acquiring a few "treasures."

I have a few questions, but in order to not derail threads, I figured I would introduce myself here, and create a new one, to keep the boards clean. :)

Thank you all for this amazing resource.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Welcome galladril, and or your safety make sure you do not step out of our inn after 9 pm :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Welcome galladril, and for your safety make sure you do not step out of our inn after 9 pm :)

Joël
Awww...

And spoil all of our fun?

Welcome, Galladril!
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk