The Amber Wastes Cluster, Al-Qadim and a new Campaign

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Amber Wastes Cluster, Al-Qadim and a new Campaign

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Don Fernando wrote:
Excellent! But just one question by "Complete Necromancer Guide" you mean the "Complete book of Necromancers"? I've googled CNG and I get none that matches the name.
That would be it.

Edit: PDF purchase link http://www.dndclassics.com/product/1694 ... f+nec&it=1
Link also has some reviews and an overview.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Amber Wastes Cluster, Al-Qadim and a new Campaign

Post by The Giamarga »

First google hit is a html version of it, although i recommend getting the pdf or print version for the great art. )(Not being snarky, just circumventing direct link policy slightly

IMO this is Kurtz's masterpiece. It should definately be considered an Al Qadim line book, and is imho very much worth tracking down.

For me it was the entry point to my AQ collection, the first line i collected and the first I completed and the dearest to me. Anyone who likes Al Qadim, Clark Ashton Smith, and or necromancers should check out this book.

This candlekeep thread talks about CBN and it's relation to Al Qadim in detail...

There is a very very interesting comment about DMGR7: The Complete Book of Necromancers (and its relationship to Al-Qadim) by Thauramarth:
Thauramarth at Candlekeep's forum wrote: I also think Sahu as depicted in CBN is not located in the same timeframe as the main Al-Qadim line. In the NPC section of CBN, Kazerabet is described as having studied necromancy for at least two centuries, and she's 20th level; in Cities of Bone, she is listed as 16th level, and her age is undetermined. The background story of the character of Talib finds its origin in the adventure Court of the Necromancers in Cities of Bone, where the player characters are supposed to off Kazerabet's first husband, and Kazerabet offers to marry one of the player characters. At that time, she was still young (I'd guess no more than forty years old), so the setting of Sahu in CBN is probably set at least one hundred and sixty years in Zakhara's future.