[dice]5[/dice]

STR 14
DEX 10
CON 10, replace with 11
INT 9
WIS 14
CHR 7

Smith
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by Metaflux »

I have a quick question. Afterwards, I'll make my post. When it comes to AD&D, are all classes able to climb normally, or are there dice rolls? I'm not familiar with athletic or acrobatic actions.

Edit: what I would like to do, if allowed to suggest this, Lowen has torches, and carrying the whale oil up the side of the building might prove troublesome, but if I empty out a waterskin, fill it with the oil, hoist it up the side alongside Gertie, and then have her dip her arrows in the oil, I could light a torch, and she could unleash on the sails of the ships.

Thoughts?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

He can climb that wall in one round at a 40% chance of success.

If somebody gives him a boost, I'll raise his chance to 50%

It's not sheer.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Metaflux wrote:I have a quick question. Afterwards, I'll make my post. When it comes to AD&D, are all classes able to climb normally, or are there dice rolls? I'm not familiar with athletic or acrobatic actions.

Edit: what I would like to do, if allowed to suggest this, Lowen has torches, and carrying the whale oil up the side of the building might prove troublesome, but if I empty out a waterskin, fill it with the oil, hoist it up the side alongside Gertie, and then have her dip her arrows in the oil, I could light a torch, and she could unleash on the sails of the ships.

Thoughts?
Oh, and if GERTIE and or Damien go up with rope, him getting up is easier.

Making quick and dirty, but effective fire arrows could be an Engineering NWP roll for him.
(Bowyer/fletcher would work, too.)
They get used in sieges, and sieges are not infrequently part of an engineer's job in this setting.

EDIT:
If he had cloth, too, it would be more effective.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Sling fired at guy running?

Roll d20

Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

attack
[dice]0[/dice]

damage
[dice]1[/dice]
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Campaign

Post by ewancummins »

Note: I was going to intro a potentially friendly NPC, but Lord Skybolt is joining, so I will let him play the dude. Less work for me. More benefit for players.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Metaflux wrote:attack
[dice]226492:0[/dice]

damage
[dice]226492:1[/dice]
Nat one

Ouch

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

No damage to himself , allies, or gear, unless he prefers not to dodge as described.

Your call.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, Pirates are not immediately investing the arquebus shot and noise of a fight.

That last guy got away, so he may warn others.

Alertness

tom
[dice]0[/dice]

Alertness

GERTIE
[dice]1[/dice]
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Successes.

And wis check survivor pirate

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Failure.

He doesn't stop to warn his comrades in any clear way.

You have ThREE rounds to prep stuff.

Load arquebus, climb, make fire arrows, whatever.

Tom and GERTIE keep a sharp lookout.
You won't get jumped again by baddies in these three rounds.

Tell me what you do.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

How many pirates on the ship?
Perhaps we could rush out, pushing\rolling\carrying the casket of whale oil. Perhaps the shield spell should go to the one pushing the oil in that case.
Or we could all get some whale oil and storm the ship. Douse it and retreat. Then Gertie sets it on fire.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I'll be back tonight. Will answer questions then.

New PC introed. Feel free to RP.