New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by steveflam »

Hey and welcome both of you. Don't tell Dru there are new people around......... :shock:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

You make a second topic if you want feed back on it. :D
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
PlanarRambler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by PlanarRambler »

Thanks for the welcome, gents. Very much looking forward to getting to know the lot of you. :D
Cam
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Cam »

Hi all, my name is Cam. Long time reader, first time poster. I've been running or playing games set in Ravenloft since the mid 1990s. I started with the Black Box (and still think the Black Box and 2E are awesome). Just getting ready to DM a new (live, in person) campaign starting in December, so I thought I would finally step out of the shadows to get some plot feedback. I have stolen many good ideas over the years from this and other Ravenloft fan sites, so I'm looking forward to interacting with you all. Thanks for all the resources and good ideas so far! This is a great website.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Welcome to our Manor, do not hesitate to ask if you need anything!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Welcome welcome Cam! Yes, this is the by far the best site for Ravenloft! Maybe we should let Dru know there are a few fresh people here.............
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Hello... My name is Jason. I've been running Ravenloft adventures since I was a lad in the late 90s. I found this site a couple years back and discovered the free downloads full of great material. I recently joined as I got the notion that I may in some way contribute or give back to the community that has given me so much great stuff, rather than just poking around looking for goodies all time.

I've been posting kind of maniacally the last few days in hopes of getting to know some people, then I spotted this thread.

So I'm not much of a writer but I do consider myself decent at oral storytelling and I have many years of experience with DMing.
I'm full of ideas as I have an overactive imagination. I plan to practice with my writing on here at some point in hopes of building my confidence. I am a fairly good artist though and I would be happy to volunteer as an illustrator on the site in the future.

Well thanks again for all the cool Ravenloft stuff, and this opportunity to get involved.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Welcome Jason!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Welcome to the fraternity! hope to see you around :D

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, Jason! Good to have you aboard!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Buzzclaw
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Buzzclaw »

Hi there :D

IRL name is Michael but Buzzclaw is my "internet persona" :roll:

I've never played Ravenloft, but something struck a chord with me when I saw the Grand Conjunction modules ages ago on the old Wizards downloads page. I've seen some cool stuff around here too!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Haha! Another convert!

Anyways I already welcomed you in your topic but i'll say it again. Welcome to the Fraternity!

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Hey Michael, welcome.

Gonzoron, you better not tell Dru about all these new members.... I shudder to think..... never mind!
Buzzclaw
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Buzzclaw »

tarlyn wrote:Hey Michael, welcome.

Gonzoron, you better not tell Dru about all these new members.... I shudder to think..... never mind!
Zilfer wrote:Haha! Another convert!

Anyways I already welcomed you in your topic but i'll say it again. Welcome to the Fraternity!
Thanks, guys! Hopefully I won't do anything to you guys regret my arrival :azalin:
VikingLegion
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by VikingLegion »

Hello all,

I've been a longtime fan of all the classic D&D worlds throughout the years - both the novels and the game products. I've lurked a bit on this site, as well as other sites for Dark Sun, Planescape, Dragonlance, and Forgotten Realms.

I registered today with a specific question in mind, but after scrolling through some of the topics I really rekindled my long-dormant fascination with the Demiplane of Dread. I fear I might have to put in some serious time reading what looks to be some excellent and inspired contributions by the devoted fans here.

Anyway, as far as my question goes: A few of my friends and I recently dug up an old video game from our past. It's a tactical war game incorporating fantasy-based units - you know, where you move around on a map, gather resources, attract creatures to your army, defeat other armies, rinse/repeat until you conquer the land. Well the game has a map editor that allows us to build our own scenarios, and I thought it would be fun to create a Ravenloft map. Sadly I cannot find my old "black box" from back in the day, so I was going to ask if anyone knew of a good online map of the original Core, so I could see how the domains all line up in relation to each other.

And then I stumbled across the absolutely BRILLIANT "An illustrated history of the core". This is *precisely* what I was looking for, and though I've only skimmed the first 3-4 pages, I believe it satisfies perfectly what I need to build my game scenario. Being new here I of course don't know the OP - Ryan Naylor - but right now he is my new hero.

Lastly, I'd like to finish my introductory post with a smiley of Azalin - because I've never been to a forum that allowed such a thing, and it would be a tremendous shame not to take advantage of such a resource:

:azalin: