Discussing all things Ravenloft
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

BRING BACK THE FLUMPH :evil:
Lord Soth

Post by Lord Soth »

IMO that means that a wizard would have spells that are usuable per turn (ten minutes) or per minute. And that would be 80% of his spells :)
For example I believe an 8th level wizard would be able to cast 2 4th level spells per day and ... say 3 1st level spells per 10 minutes.

They've said that every class will have abilities which're At Will, Per Encounter, and Per Day. So the rest of the Wizards spells are likely to be Per Encounter or At Will.
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Something just occurred to me: Will a new edition of D&D mean a new edition of D20 Modern ? Or will WOTC even bother with D20 Modern any more ?
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

They've said there will be a new version of the d20 SRD, so even if WotC doesn't care to do a 4E Modern, somebody else might. They probably will though, IMO, even if it takes a few years to get around to it.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Anthony Reuland
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Anthony Reuland »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:
Matthew L. Martin wrote:Now, how can we fit tieflings and eladrin (formerly aasimar, it would appear) into RL games?
For starters, we might consult Dr. Reuland's expert opinion... :wink:
I will be holding an extensive series of lectures pertaining to this particular topic after the Books of 4E are released to the public. I cordially invite all brothers of the Fraternity to grace us with their presence and lend their own thoughts and opinions. I also expect all members of initiate status to be present as part of their ongoing training...
"Pandemonium did not reign, it poured..."
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Anthony Reuland wrote:
Rotipher of the FoS wrote:
Matthew L. Martin wrote:Now, how can we fit tieflings and eladrin (formerly aasimar, it would appear) into RL games?
For starters, we might consult Dr. Reuland's expert opinion... :wink:
I will be holding an extensive series of lectures pertaining to this particular topic after the Books of 4E are released to the public. I cordially invite all brothers of the Fraternity to grace us with their presence and lend their own thoughts and opinions. I also expect all members of initiate status to be present as part of their ongoing training...
Do we really need any more Planescape in Ravenloft than we already have?
The cure for what ails you
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

It's mortals tainted by darkness or other elemental forces or belonging to corrupt/blessed bloodlines. They actually work very, very well.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

cure wrote:Do we really need any more Planescape in Ravenloft than we already have?
Well, it largely depends upon how you intend to use such concepts in Ravenloft (as Jester aptly summarized in the post above) as well as how much diversity you wish to add to your version of the Ravenloft setting. If that doesn't fit your Ravenloft, cure, then you certainly don't need to add them.

4E looks like it will be diluting the plantouched races down (even moreso than 3E), and I wouldn't say that it is adding any more "Planescape" at that point. However, I guess that we'll have to wait and see. Personally, depending on how such races are handled in the next edition, I could easily see a limited number of tieflings being created by the dark energies of the demiplane.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

You know, it's funny that tieflings are going to be a standard race in 4E, since a subplot I've been running in my current Ravenloft game is designed to allow PC tieflings ("hellborn"), warforged ("created"), changelings ("lesser doppelgangers") and shifters ("infected") in future Ravenloft games I run.

And one of the designers (though I forget which one of them) said on his blog that a d20 Modern 2nd Edition was definitely in the offing, though probably not until 2009 or 2010.

Jeremy Puckett
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton