Twenty six years later

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Epically
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Twenty six years later

Post by Epically »

Or he died from old age. He's human after all. Power struggle between all of his children. Or he makes a silly tactical decision due to dementia which ruins the domain.
Grigg_Deadbreaker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Twenty six years later

Post by Grigg_Deadbreaker »

Jimsolo wrote:
3. As this campaign is the realization of my long-running desire to run a Carnival game, I need to deal with the Rasulid issue. There's no way Rasulid could have survived for another two decades, and his character seemed unlikely to have sought the redemption that would have been his salvation. Do you think Isolde would have just let the Carnival leave Rasulid behind when he became too heavy to move, or do you think she would be more likely to tell him directly what he needed to do to stay alive?
I realize I'm probably a little late for the party here, but...

I, personally, think it unlikely Isolde knows how to reverse Rasulid's condition. It's always seemed more to me like she can't really control the effects of the Twisting, only mitigate its intensity (ie. she can protect you from the worst of it, or let its unbridled power turn you into an abomination).

And simply leaving him behind is problematic as well. There's no way he can survive on his own, so it's more than likely Mola would stay behind with him as his caretaker.

In my opinion, the cleanest way to sever their ties would depend on whether or not your particular iteration of Carnival has undergone "The Curtain Falls" scenario. If it has, the simple solution would be that one of the freed Abominations turn on Rasulid, who would be unable to escape it. If you wanted to give Rasulid a last minute redemption moment in this scenario, perhaps he sees an abomination threatening Mola, and being a good brother for once in his life, uses his silver tongue to command the creature "Take me instead!"

Just a thought.