Scariest Movie Moments

Books, movies, television and everything else
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote: The second (or should I say first, since it came before it in the movie) was in a truck. This creepy truck driver picks up the lead, and without even looking at him launches into a story about a horific crash. She goes into a line "And when they finaly pulled the drivers body from the burning wreckage, it looked... like this!" Then the movie launched some grotesque claymation face with some creepy laughter. Scared the begezzus out of me (keep in mind, I was 5 or something).
large marge was the best
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'm a big wuss and get scared by a lot of things. Probably because my parents never let me watch scary movies as a kid. But the one that for some reason had me screaming for several seconds straight was the alien emerging from the bushes at the birthday party in Signs. I guess I was expecting some little teasing glimpse and when we got the full body shot, I was totally unprepared.

I also couldn't sleep well for a week after Lost Highway. "We've met before. It was at your house. I'm there right now, in fact. Go on, call me." Being burglarized 3 times (once while I was asleep at home) has given me a big case of home invasion-o-phobia.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
sabbattack
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Scariest Movie Moments

Post by sabbattack »

Shoon VII wrote:personally 2 moments come to mind: the revelation of the animated corpse of Alice Krige emerging from the back of an old car at the end of the movie.
I still haven't understood which movie you're refering to.

For me the worst movies (not scenes, the whole thing) are:

1) the original Night of the Living Dead (I watched it at the tender age of 10 and couldn't sleep for 2 nights straight...come to think of it, I still have nightmares of zombie Holocausts...

2) the original Nosferatu and Dr.Kaligari (sp?). Great disturbing stuff!!

3) OMG!! How have you forgotten in the mouth of madness?? Gtreat movie, totally disturbing.

Btw, audition was silly, like watching "Cannibal the Musical"!!

Now, for scenes:

1) From It, the scene where Pennywise is talking via the drain to the girl and the blood baloon explodes, also when Pennywise appears over the moon. :shock: This movie gave me the creeps when I was younger...

2) Totally nerve shattering, in Resident Evil 1 the scene where they try to unlock the elevator, only to find it stuffed with zombies. Great directing, terrific camera use.

Also, to Wiccy. Never heard of the movies May and Duel. Care to describe them?
Beauty is in the [i]eye[/i] of the Beholder. Everything else is in its stomach....

I always respected [b]Fixxxer[/b], so I proudly present you [url=http://www.dndarchive.com]his own DnD site[/url]!!
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Scariest Movie Moments

Post by Shoon VII »

sabbattack wrote:
Shoon VII wrote:personally 2 moments come to mind: the revelation of the animated corpse of Alice Krige emerging from the back of an old car at the end of the movie.
I still haven't understood which movie you're refering to.
Ghost Story

John Irvin, Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

PRODUCT DETAILS:

UPC: 25192010125
Region Code: 1
Original Release Date: 1981
Release Date: 9/7/2004
Source: MCA HOME VIDEO
Format: DVD

PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL NOTES:

Features: [None specified]
Language: English, English
Time: 1 Hour 51 Minutes
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

gonzoron wrote: I also couldn't sleep well for a week after Lost Highway. "We've met before. It was at your house. I'm there right now, in fact. Go on, call me." Being burglarized 3 times (once while I was asleep at home) has given me a big case of home invasion-o-phobia.
jeez ... i'm scared just by thinking about that.
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Duel, if I remember right, was about a traveling salesman who spends the entire movie being chased by a truck driver. You never see much of the trucker, just an arm or a boot.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

Reginald de Curry wrote:Duel, if I remember right, was about a traveling salesman who spends the entire movie being chased by a truck driver. You never see much of the trucker, just an arm or a boot.
wasnt this one of spielberg's first movies?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Reginald de Curry wrote:Duel, if I remember right, was about a traveling salesman who spends the entire movie being chased by a truck driver. You never see much of the trucker, just an arm or a boot.
That's the one, it is also Steven Speilberg's first feature length movie from 1972. One of the most terrifying movies ever.

May is about a woman in her early 20's who's only friend until now has been a doll given to her as a child. Let's just say she isn't quite right. She loves beauty and perfection in things and is replused by those little things that would make us all unique in appearance ;)

I would never compare Audition to Cannibal the Music, the former is a very good look into the mind of a very fragile psyche, the latter is just silliness. Both very good movies though.

As for the elevator opening in Resident Evil, that has been done many times before, so it didn't get a shock reaction from me. I was just expecting it.
Swallow your soul!
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

In the old Salem's Lot when Mr. Barlow comes up out of the kitchen floor. I still hate my kitchen. And in The Shining, when the kid gets the glimpse of the hacked bodies in the hallway. And the old lady in Room 237. ;)
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Oh, here's a good one:

The last scene in Carry, when the girl desceneds down to the ruins of Carry's house and places a wreath in the ruins...
And is grabbed by a hand!
Then wakes up screaming...
And the credits roll, on a black background in blood red.

Now that's the way to end a movie.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Hmm...even when I was a kid I found most "scary movies" more amusing than anything. Only one I can think of was when I was about six or seven, and watched Poltergeists 2. For some wierd reason the scene where the kid's braces become animated bothered me. Odd really, I've never had braces, so I don't know why that should get to me.

That noise the ghost in The Grudge made did end up costing me a little sleep though, since my somputer makes a sound not all dissimilar while going through big downloads, something I like to let it do while I get some shuteye. Took me a week or two to get over that.
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Corrupted_Loremaster wrote:That noise the ghost in The Grudge made did end up costing me a little sleep though, since my somputer makes a sound not all dissimilar while going through big downloads, something I like to let it do while I get some shuteye. Took me a week or two to get over that.
Have you see nthe original? That noise appears in that version alot more frequently ;)

Speaking of witch...

Zu-on, where the ghosts of the 3 girls are following their still living friend through her apartnemt to trap her.

Ju-on where Riku dreams of Toshio yowling and then awakens to find her bedroom filled with black cats. Okay, not all that creepy, but I would love to wake up and find several dozen black cats in my bedroom :)

A Nightmare on Elm Street - When I first watched this movie I was 11, the part where Nancy is dreaming and sees her friend in the body bag and the bugs are crawling out of her mouth and stuff, that bit still creeps me out, I have a massive phobia of bugs and creepy crawlies.

Arachnophobia - Nuff said.
Swallow your soul!
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote: Nancy is dreaming and sees her friend in the body bag and the bugs are crawling out of her mouth and stuff, that bit still creeps me out, I have a massive phobia of bugs and creepy crawlies.

Arachnophobia - Nuff said.
if i'm not mistaken, ther is a story in the Creepshow movie where a man's body explodes from all of the roaches he has inside of him.
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Add the ending of "Scott Tennorman Must Die!" from South Park's fifth season to the list. Creeeeeeeeeepy. :shock:

I'm giving up chili for awhile.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Shoon VII wrote:if i'm not mistaken, ther is a story in the Creepshow movie where a man's body explodes from all of the roaches he has inside of him.
Yeah, I still can't watch that part of the movie, I just cannot look at roaches *sudder*
Swallow your soul!