The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

I forgot to add mine into the original die roll, but incorporated it into the final post--which is a good thing, because it was an 18 on the dot once I applied it. :)
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Hey, so provided Cyrus and Katja are willing to move one square downward to reflank it, I can shove the eastern weird down two spaces so that Darius doesn't risk AoOs while he recovers--since the thing is also immobilized, it won't be able to reposition itself. Is that an okay idea, or not so much? Rock should probably sign off on it, too, since I think it would put that weird out of 10-square targeting range.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I have at least one 20-square attack left, so that isn't much of an issue. What is an issue, alas, is that I feel I am going to be occupied with this ghost now.

NT, which save do I need to make to end the ongoing ice-effect, specifically? And would using the Staff of Defense immediate interrupt protect me from this attack?
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Hey I'm back, and look at the mess you got in without Nicholas, dear oh dear...

I'll post later tonight as my work inbox is overflowing right now.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Rock wrote:I have at least one 20-square attack left, so that isn't much of an issue. What is an issue, alas, is that I feel I am going to be occupied with this ghost now.

NT, which save do I need to make to end the ongoing ice-effect, specifically? And would using the Staff of Defense immediate interrupt protect me from this attack?
All saves are a basic d20, with a result of 10-20 meaning that you have made your save. Refer to page 279 of the Player's Handbook.

And afraid not on the staff. It's only helpful for extremely marginal situations, and AM was one point short of a critical.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

The Whistler wrote:Hey, so provided Cyrus and Katja are willing to move one square downward to reflank it, I can shove the eastern weird down two spaces so that Darius doesn't risk AoOs while he recovers--since the thing is also immobilized, it won't be able to reposition itself. Is that an okay idea, or not so much? Rock should probably sign off on it, too, since I think it would put that weird out of 10-square targeting range.
EDIT: On second thought, Katja and I are slowed this turn so this may not work out so well. We can only move 2 squares, tops.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

NeoTiamat wrote:All saves are a basic d20, with a result of 10-20 meaning that you have made your save. Refer to page 279 of the Player's Handbook.

And afraid not on the staff. It's only helpful for extremely marginal situations, and AM was one point short of a critical.
Woa for my staff of defense. :( But with a 16, I made the save, so no ongoing cold for me anymore. *relief*
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Hey, Rock, I know you're worried about the overconfident ghost hussy that thinks she's being cute but if you help us take down this one Grave Weird, we can all turn and take out the ghost broad.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

You know I'd love to. But you're all clustered around it. :( I know this makes sense from a flanking perspective, but if I hit the thing with an area spell now, I risk catching all of you. And the spells that aren't area are ... less than impressive. On the upside, I'm not moving the Icy Grasp up the map so I can shake hands with it. ;)
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

The thing is 'Huge' sized which means it occupies a 3x3x3 square cube. If you have area attacks, you can airburst them above the thing to avoid hitting allies.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I need to tell my other DM that.

Cronax, you should do D&D public service announcements. "Golly, Mister A, now I know!"

"And knowing is half the battle, Billy."
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Mr. Agale: Rules Lawyer.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:Mr. Agale: Rules Lawyer.
Consultations at reasonable prices, inquire within!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

He knows the rules better than I do, at any rate. >_>

Also, Nathan, Rock, both of you have a ton of Reroll Tokens, just so you know.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I haven't needed them recently, my rolls have been fairly decent.

But now I need help. o_o Can someone heal me before I drop to -6, fall unconscious and have to start making death saves? Pretty please? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
Post Reply