Ravenloft Gift for MotRD Player

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Ravenloft Gift for MotRD Player

Post by Blake_Alexander »

I'm set on purchasing a friend of mine a D20 product for a gift for the upcoming holiday season that will help them with their MotRD death campaign. In the past for special occasions I've purched them copies of D20 past, D20 modern, Heroes of Horror, and VR guide to Walking Dead and given these books to them as gifts? Now I'm at a loss as to what other books would really work well as inspiration. What books would you suggest as the best for a MotRD DM?
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) Nice move of yours. I would either recommend *Van Richten's Arsenal*, or maybe *Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends*. Apart from that, counting in the books you have already bought them, I'd say that there are not much d20 options left.
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Blake_Alexander »

Thanks Rafael...I was considering Van Ritchten's Arsenal, but I hadnot heard of Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends. Thank you for the suggestions...I really appreciate them.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Another option would be some of CoC stuff from Pegasus, but I am not sure if thjat has been translated. Etherscope is another option, but I personally don't like it.
DoctorMoreau
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by DoctorMoreau »

Not d20, but I still think boom for the win for ultimate resource on an unexplored part of the Masque setting.

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... cts_id=336

Supposed to be awesome, not availible in PDF anywhere, annoying.
Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sassey »

Van Richtens arsenal by White Wolf, Dark Continent by Chaosiom, Fellowship of the White Star Campaign Book (and modules on website) by Thenodrin Presents, Secrets of Morroco by chaosium, and I assume he/she has Mask of the red death by white wolf, and the gaslight equipment catalogue by Chaosium. Not all d20, but converts with almost no effort.

/cheers!

-Dave
Check out my horror RPG campaign at fellowshipwhitestar.com