Idea: Human With An Alien's Mind

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Leliel
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Idea: Human With An Alien's Mind

Post by Leliel »

Well, after reading Stephenie Meyer's The Host, I thought it would be intresting to play a Soul, the alien race that gives the book it's name-see "Goa'uld" for an adicuate comparasion, but imagine them with human emotions-since the Souls use the brains of those they infest to think, they think like their host would.

To realize my dream in D&D, I decided to create Joshua Cullen-functionally, he's a human Warlock, but his personality-everything, his memories, his attitude, his bravery-is actually that of the silver centipede living in his neck. As far as Souls go, he's very young, having only lived out one life as a member of a short-lived arachnoid speicies before coming to the world as a scout for a possible full colonization project. Secretly, he's beginning to like humans, both the good and the bad. Like most souls, he actually abhors violence and is very alturistic (yes, that's a bit stange for a parasitic race, it makes sense in context), although you wouldn't know that from the way he fights-dirty, although he tries to avoid killing sentient creatures, just disabling them.

After a bit of thought, I realized he would be excellent for a 4E Ravenloft game, what with the whole "deciding between his species and the species of another".

So, should the DM allow it, how do you think he would fit in the Mists?
I am The Archangel of Night.
I am the Guardian of Shadow
I am the Vindicator of the Unknown
I am..Leliel.