Mists Over the Musarde, Interlude 1

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

ewancummins wrote:
"I would not mean to imply that you are, Fraulein." He flashes his own wicked smile. "If I've been reticent in that regard, I apologize. I confess to having difficulty finding words when I'm around you, which is a minor miracle in and of itself."

He turns, hearing Denys asking for him in the dining hall. "Hmm, Herr Sancerre seems to be looking for me." He hesitates a moment, weighing his options, before turning back to Charlotte. "Perhaps we could retire someplace private, to continue our discussion free of interruptions?"
''Let's go to my quarters. It's quiet there, and no one is likely to bother us.''
"After you, Fraulein"

Bennedict follows the girl deeper into the house.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

The priest's eyes grow wide and a slow, wide grin spreads across his face as he carefully turns the crank. "Yes, I know this song well...Bujdosasom veget er/ S itt vagyok ujra/ Szep hazamban en. My wanderings will end/
I'll be there again/ In my beautiful country."

He stares at it for a few lingering seconds more, then becomes more aware of himself. "I am...very grateful," he says at last, with a short, sheepish smile.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys seems pleased by Dorgio's reaction to the gift.

''Very nice workmanship, eh? I know a toymaker in the city who is most cunning at his trade, a fellow named Kalman. He's a countryman of yours, if I'm not much mistaken.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak eyes the workmanship of the dagger appreciatively. He is sure the dagger is a very good acquisition on his part. He'd put it to good use. "Denys. Much appreciated this here token of yer esteem, bub. Much obliged to ye, and fear not I'll put it good use." He reaches down and removes a dagger from god knows where, and then places the dagger in the same place. He holds the dagger and then it disappears under the table and he places it somewhere else on his person.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain is curious where he put the new dagger, and eyes Norzak covertly .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys acknoweldges Norzak's comments with a smile and a laugh.

''Very good!''

Now that the main course is finished, servants advance to clear the table and bring in the dessert. Platters of blackberry cobbler a la mode are set before each of you at the table.

Evangeline says-

''Charlotte and I made this. Yesterday morning, Father took us out to gather berries. Of course, there were workers to help us- it was too hot for just the three of us to pick all these berries!''
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain enjoys the desert "This is delicious, I thank you for efforts on our behalf for this delicious desert . " Thanking the women for their efforts .
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio sets into the cobbler with gusto. "Evie, your and your friends' hard work has certainly paid off, many thanks!"

Looking to Denys, he adds, "So if I may, how is Mortigny this time of year? I confess I've never been."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"So Sir were did you find that fine blade you gave to Norzak ? " It's always good to know where to get well crafted weapons .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys answers the questions-

''Mortingy? It's quite lovely. Not such a big town as Pont-a-Museau, of course. The people are friendly, and trade is good. I bought the dagger for Norzak there, from an Invidian knifemaker.''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

" Well, I shall look that place up after the current difficulty is resolved. "
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:" Well, I shall look that place up after the current difficulty is resolved. "

Denys nods approvingly at Alain's commment.

He motions towards Evangeline-

''My dear, would you be so kind as to take a servant and find out what has delayed our dear Bennedict? Thank you. ''

Evangeline rises and executes a little curtsey towards her father.

''As you wish, father. I believe he is helping Charlotte with her letters- or something of that nature, perhaps.''

The young lady then departs in the company of an older male servant.

Denys finishes the dessert before him, then rises and addresses the table in a clear voice, his speech unslurred despite the considerable amount of wine he's quaffed this evening:

''Ah yes- you've all agreed to undertake a search for the mystical portal, and by way of it, the true history of our city. Why, we'll all be very big men when you've discovered the secrets that lie at the heart of the matter! Let us drink to the quest- and to the glory and power that will be ours when we possess this hidden lore. Raise your glasses, my friends, and drink to our great success!''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak listens to Denys speech about the city. He shrugs. Any reason to drink and toast is good enough to him, mind you. So he picks up his ale and downs it in one long swig, then slams his mug down and belches rather profusely. He then wipes his mouth with the back of his arm. "Yeah to all that" Norzak mumbles. Then he looks at a servant. "Keep it comin', mack. I's be havin' one 'o' them thirsts."
''My dear, would you be so kind as to take a servant and find out what has delayed our dear Bennedict? Thank you. ''

Evangeline rises and executes a little curtsey towards her father.

''As you wish, father. I believe he is helping Charlotte with her letters- or something of that nature, perhaps.''

The young lady then departs in the company of an older male servant.
Looking at Dorgio, he says in a low whisper so only he, Dorgio and Alain can hear "Hey I bet Benn 'n' Charlotte ain' readin' no letters, if ye catch me meanin'. 'Umans, bah! Always so rushed fer matters concernin' ye heart 'n' tha romance. It took me thirty years afore me dearly departed finally took notice 'o' me!"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Well, I bid you good evening and we can hope for good hunting in the coming investigations to come. " Alain wishing every good night on his way home to his preparations for the coming investigations/explorations of the underground/sewers of the city . Or in the case of gathering info(Pouring on the charm) on exactly were the entrance is so their not wandering around down there forever .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

After the meal has finished and conversation has wound down, Denys thanks all of you for coming and announces that he and his household must settle in for the night.

Before he leaves, Benn receives his present, wrapped in a length of brown cloth. When he unwraps it, he finds a magnifying glass inside a leather case. The lens is ground crystal, the rim is brass, and the handle is walnut. The simple leather carrying case is unornamented but of fine quailty materials and craftmanship. The case has a loop sewn to the back, so that a belt or strap may be threaded through it to allow for secure carry.

All of you make your way homeward then, or wherever it is you plan to go. The moonlit streets are quiet tonight, with few sounds louder than your footfalls upon the weathered cobbles. No one assails you, and nothing more sinister than an alleycat or a loose paving stone comes between you and finding your way into a warm bed and getting a good night's sleep.

[ This concludes the 1st Interlude. Chapter Two will begin tonight.]