Sine Requie Anno XIII

Discussing all roleplaying games
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sine Requie Anno XIII

Post by Jakob »

Sine Requie Anno XIII by Matteo Cortini and Leonardo Moretti, published by Asterion Press.
On the 6 of June, 1944, the world was about to be freed from the horrors of Nazism. This never happened. When the American troops landed in Normandy, the Judgement Day came, and the Dead began to roam the world, hungry for the flesh of the living.
Today it's 1957: the world is a ruin where the living must survive fighting the dead. In Europe, the living prosper only in three horrible lands, where bloody dictatorship resist to the assault of the shambling corpses.
In Germany, the III Reich died with the Fuhrer, in 1943. Today, a Quadrumvirate rule the IV Reich, a realm of horror and madness, where cold and ruthless genetic experiments create new horrors used to hunt the Resistance and generate the True Aryan Race.
In France and Spain, collectively called Lost Lands, groups of bandits roam the lands, taking what they want, with no authority and no law. The Dead are the true rulers, and there is no love lost between the struggling communities of survivors. Paris is a ruin, divided between groups of rebel in the West and the Nazists in the East... The partisans must fight the genetic horrors of the IV Reich and the Dead at once.
The Great Mother Russia is dead, and the Soviet is left from its corpse. The great calculator Z.A.R. rules a land where no one has a name, a family, an identity: perfect Communism. Only few rebels resists, fighting the biomachines Z.A.R. sends against them.
Italy, called today the
Sanctum Imperium, is ruled by Pope Leone XVI and his Inquisitors: a new Middle Age arose from the Papal laws, a land where technology is prohibited and where swearing is punished with reclusion in the Repentment Cages... Where heroic Templars fight the Dead with the chainswords called "Expiator".
This is the world of Sine Requie. The darkest of the futures is reality.

Sine Requie Anno XIII was presented at Lucca Comics and Games, and was awarded with the Best of Show prize.
I just wanted to... Advertize it on the FoS boards. It's a great setting, with a rather interesting game system: results of actions are determined not through the rolling of a dice... But through the drawing of a tarot card.
Hopefully, you'll see it in English (after all, the all-Italian Nephandum, the source WotC blatantly ripped off to "originally envision" Elder Evils, has been translated)... Maybe the same day the Fraternity will print a new Ravenloft edition, a 8-feet cardboard Azalin included in the manual. :P

Serpentarium Games: Sine Requie Anno XIII homepage
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Looks metal! I wanna work for the Pope! Where is my chainsword?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I want to work for the Z.A.R... where's my biomachine suit and batery fluids?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

*Signs up for a chainsword.*
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

alhoon wrote:I want to work for the Z.A.R... where's my biomachine suit and batery fluids?
Here.

Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

ewancummins wrote:Looks metal! I wanna work for the Pope! Where is my chainsword?
You have to reach alive the upper echelons of the templar hierarchy. :D

Oh, and remember: whenever you're killing someone, FIRST chop away his legs: he won't be able to chase you while you hack his corpse to pieces. :twisted:

EDIT:
I want to work for the Z.A.R... where's my biomachine suit and batery fluids?
Uhhh... No. It's more probable your brain will be transplanted in a biomechanical monster.

BI-EDIT: BTW, here's the link to Sine Requie Tarot Set. With some pics. ;)
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda