Changes to the Journals - Comments?

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Changes to the Journals - Comments?

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

This is something I've been thinking about for a very long time. With the release of 4e, the eventual fact I'll have to update to that--even if it takes years, and the fact I'll be rewriting a lot in the compilations, I've decided to get some outside opinions.

The biggest change is changing Alexander from a gestalt paladin-ninja base to a gestalt soulknife (using my own soulknife fix) -wilder base. The change better fits what I originally had in mind for the character to begin with and, considering how little I ever show off his abilities, the actual fictional changes would be minimal.

New threads will also be started to accomodate the changed fiction if I do go through with it (starting where the compilations leave off). If anyone has any constructive critcism or comments, do post.
Last edited by High Priest Mikhal on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

There's always the option of doing what Rich Burlew is doing for OOTS. Make no changes to reflect the new rules. Just pick and choose what works best. As Giant put it "consider it a home-made hybridization"(paraphrased).
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

OOTS? Sorry if I'm not up to snuff on things. And I know about the "changing nothing to accomodate the new rules" idea. This is actually for some adventures in addition to the fanfic--and the Shining Force (once I find it again). Changing his class around will change the stories somewhat. I'm asking if people are willing to put up with that sort of change--and the delays it will entail.

And 4e was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back. This has been an idea of mine since I first got Complete Psionic and if I'm going to have to rebuild in 4e, I'm abandoning the paladin in favor of something else. Might as well start with the 3e stuff I'm still working on. At least the (fixed) soulknife has abilities that can be used in role-playing and storytelling--ever see a guy spin a glowing blade of energy a la Kagato in Tenchi Muyo OVA? I'm also developing a "soulshield" power--a shield of psychic energy to accompany the soulblade and that grows along with it.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."