A Contest

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Dupin wrote:Hi FoS people;
What do you mean by story, a role story or just a tale, I mean, a story for playing or jsut reading like any book (do you get what I mean, I don't know how to make it clearer :? )
Just a story like any book, not an adventure.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Any further word on how many stories we can enter? This question has been open for a while now.
Last edited by HuManBing on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

just wanted to anounce that I've put the story into the contest (I'm freaking tired of writing especially in a language that is not mine, so if the sentence above doesn't mean anything I barely care, so as with this one, :wink: )
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

HuManBing wrote:Any further word on how many stories we can enter? This question has been open for a while now.
Nathan of the FoS responded to my private message thus:
Fire away! As many as you submit will be considered.
Just wanted to share that with anybody else who might have wondered how many stories can be entered. The answer is: enter as many as you want! :)
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Jester of the FoS wrote:I don't plan on being to anal over the word count. It's just meant to be a rough guideline of, more or less, 15-20 pages.

If it's a complete tale then fine. If there's a little more to go and it's better than everything else then that's fine to. If it's just a muddled beginning and set-up with no conclusion then it's not fine.
15-20 pages? 5-10,000 words? and you call that a short story? :evil: Whoayoutrynakid? :elena:
Whatever the case, I intend to actually enter this particular contest. It shall come in several chapters and I may nevr finish it. Then again, I may. :|
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Out of curiosity, what happened to this?
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I was mostly hopping to get some attention for this board. The contest is finished and I'm slowly reading everything here before deciding on a "winner".
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Thanks for asking first, Isabella. :D I've been wondering myself.
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

I was just passing by through the forum and I found this... what happened in the end?
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I heard that there has been some trouble changing the actual forum names. If true, that would mean the contest's main advertised prize would be undeliverable.
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

appart from the prize, just to know who the winner is yuo know, so that someone gives a veredict :wink:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I also wonder about this too. The competition is over a year old, now. Is it possible for the Fraternity members to announce a winner, even without a prize?

The forums aren't particularly active and a routine competition could spice things up... :)