My take on mummies 4th edition.

Discussing all roleplaying games
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

My take on mummies 4th edition.

Post by alhoon »

It started from breaking up some rules from monsters we have seen and this. Then I checked/adjusted some things with a brute lvl 9 aberration (grick) and some of the undead brutes and added some thought.

So...

alhoon's Mummy: Level 9 Brute
Medium natural animate (undead) xp 400
Initiative +3 Senses Perception +6; darkvision
Fear's dark shadow (see bellow)
HP 117; Bloodied 58
AC 23; Fortitude 22, Reflex 15, Will 21
Immune disease, poison; Resist 10 cold, 10 necrotic Vulnerable 5 fire
Speed 6
m claw (standard; at-will)
+16 vs AC; 2d6+7 damage.
M Rotting claw (standard; at-will) * necrotic
+14 vs Fortitude; 1d8+5 necrotic damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
A: Fear's dark shadow: Enemies within 2 squares taking ongoing necrotic damage are also immobilized.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 24 (+11) Dex 8 (+3) Wis 15 (+6)
Con 17 (+7) Int 6 (+2) Cha 20 (+9)
Equipment -

Damage: I tried to be close to the average damage from the card presented and the damage seems to be on par with what similar creatures deal.
I used strength for the claw and charisma for the rotting claw.

AC: The card says 25. But the Grick 9th brute has more dex (and the mummy's int is really low) and lower AC. Still while many monsters seem to be level+dex modifier (the whole lot, increased by level) +/- 1 or 2 I decided to go with 23. Perhaps the mummy has higher dex although that would be strange.

The Aura seems a bit too powerful IMO since the mummy gives ongoing necro damage with each attack. While it doesn't help the mummy, it's not supposed to be alone fighting except 1st level chars.

Also... ongoing damage doesn't stack right? I mean if it punches you on round 1, and again on round 2 while you haven't shaked off the effects you don't get 20 the following round?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!