Record of the Lodoss War

Discussing all roleplaying games
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote: Yep, with Ataru declaring to Lum (while they are fleeing for their lives from the rest of the cast) that he would admit that he loved her on his death bed, but both of them seem pretty happy about that.
:P :P :P :P :P

I should have expected that Mrs Takahashi keeps the way open for another sequel...
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote: I always managed to find cheap DVD's in the States, including some hentai that I picked up for a laugh, lol. Plus, I got all of Urotsuki Doji uncut on DVD for $50, or about that ;)

Uro?! Wasn't that about that 50 TAILS monster?! - :shock: Still giving me nightmares of a giant robot ogre trying to, well, be kind and friendly to me... (NO, really!!!)

Talking about Hentai, do you happen to know E.D.O. ? - A comedy *declared* as Hentai, but with no *sex* in it... :shock: Too much to bear for me poor innocent sheep...

:soth: [/i]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

E.D.O may have been banned here in the UK, so I doubt we'll get it. La Blue Girl was also banned in 1994, though La Blue Girl Returns is getting a UK release at the moment (10 to 15 minutes cut from each volume, but it now means it is safe to import the uncut releases from abroad, heheheh). Many other more risque animes have been banned, deleted shrtly after release, been cut to ribbons and so on here in the UK. However, I am one of the very few people in the country to own a proper UK release (not a bootleg or fan-sub) of the uncut Kekko Kamen anime, lol.

The worst cut for an anime in the UK is Urotsuki Doji 4 - Infoernal Road, cut from it's original 2 hours and 15 minutes to 33 minutes, only the first 15 minutes of the first episode and the last 15 minutes of the final episode remained partially intact. Infernal Road originally comprised of 3, 45 minute episodes.

Despite what people would tell you, Urotsuki Doji (The Wandering Kid) was actually about racism and the fragile nature of the human psyche. Or so the creator says, it is just hidden by all the nasty stuff I guess :lol:
Swallow your soul!
Le Noir Faineant

Yeah, the cutting policy of UK video was legendarily sharp (and pretty useless in the age of P2P).
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote: Despite what people would tell you, Urotsuki Doji (The Wandering Kid) was actually about racism and the fragile nature of the human psyche. Or so the creator says, it is just hidden by all the nasty stuff I guess :lol:
:roll: I knew I had missed part of the message...

:shock: UD wasn't really bad, after all, just very *drastic*.

:soth:
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Something like UD had never been seen in Europe before, so the scare it raised in British newspapers with captions like "Demon Rape and Bambi Eyes" caught a fair bit of attention, it also helped quadruple sales of Manga Video's releases. As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, heeheehee :twisted:
Swallow your soul!
Le Noir Faineant

http://web.newsguy.com/a_doom/DD

... Surely, he has some in his pocket for *tail-slinging* anime monsters too.

In Spain, UD created an uproar too, because it was sold in the video store next to Cinderella...

:soth:
Le Noir Faineant

:D Just found a superb video for Lodoss on youtube!

Hope everyone enjoys it! Best fantasy series until LotR was filmed! (At least IMO!)