A Collector's find on eBay

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Thanks Joel for a nice write up!

One thing I did not include on the list, but in my collection; If you have the novels "the Enemy Within" and "Mordenheim", you will see in the first few pages the list of books in the series & forthcoming books, there is listed "The Screaming Tower" by James Lowder. This title was never published, for many reasons that only Jim Lowder can adequately explain. Jim actually expanded the proposal, to become the "Ebonacht Trilogy". Two short stories from this setting were published that I am aware of, "Heresies & Superstitions" in Leading Edge Magazine #39 March 2000, and "The Unquiet Dreams of Cingris the Stout" in Gaming Frontiers Magazine #2 February 2002. Yes, I have both. 8)
Jim Lowder told me by email that he has an announcement to make at GenCon regarding the publishing fate of the Ebonacht Trilogy; I would really like it to see print finally, whether or not it has the Ravenloft name attached (we will all know that it IS in Ravenloft!). Jim also sent me a short story he wrote for another setting that featured an appearance by one of the main Ebonacht heroes. Here's an excerpt from the title page;
"THE NIGHT CHICAGO DIED
by James Lowder
Chicago’s most vicious criminals fear but one man: Tristram Holt,
known throughout the underworld as the Corpse. But when his most
powerful enemies band together to throw wide the gates of Hell, can
even the Scourge of Evil turn back an army of the walking dead?"
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Very nice writeup, guys. Of course, now I see there are MORE things I need to find. :( :) (the logo pin, the patch, and the menu, none of which I was aware of. That menu is hilarious.).

Might be worth mentioning the mousepad is german. (or at least I think it is. Maus is Mouse in german.)

Did you want to include other signed stuff? (I've got my I6 signed by the Hickmans, I, Strahd signed by Elrod, and a VRGttL from the library of Monte Cook, signed.) Or was that just there to showcase the pin?

And if you're including Ebonacht stuff, you might want to mention other "RL stuff outside of RL" like the Jander stories in the Realms of ___ books, or the original DL Soth sources.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

gonzoron wrote:I've got my .. I, Strahd signed by Elrod.
Paperback or the hardcover? :wink:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Catman Jim wrote:
gonzoron wrote:I've got my .. I, Strahd signed by Elrod.
Paperback or the hardcover? :wink:
Paperback. Is that a faux pas? :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

No, autograph copies are cool regardless. :wink:

I had Terry Brooks sign all my Shannarra books back in the late 80's. The bookstore tried to prevent me from bringing in my paperback books for him to sign, but Terry told them he would do it anyways.
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

Just curious whats his ebay member name, it will be interesting to wtach in case he ever puts up somthing else. =)
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Sorry, I would no more divulge that than post his personal email address. I've bought things on Ebay from Jim Lowder, Monte Cook, Wolfgang Bauer, & Bruce Nesmith and while I have "kept" them as Favorite Sellers, their IDs are not mine to give out.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Jim, do you have any Polyhedrons with Ravenloft content? I recently bought Polyhedron 100 and now that i got it i found that i already had one.

There´s a very strange RL article by J Robert King in it, so I figured you might be interested.

Also are you aware of other Polyhedrons with RL content?
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

The Giamarga wrote:Jim, do you have any Polyhedrons with Ravenloft content? I recently bought Polyhedron 100 and now that i got it i found that i already had one.

There´s a very strange RL article by J Robert King in it, so I figured you might be interested.

Also are you aware of other Polyhedrons with RL content?
There was a list of Polyhedron's with Ravenloft content at the Kargatane's site, you can still access it here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200212242323 ... edron.html

I only have the issues #105 & 107 from that list, what's the King article about? Pumpkin Charlie?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

It´s a weird narrative/poem/song. I´ll see if i can ocr it.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

gah! polyhedron had RL stuff too? wimper... more stuff to find...

Although I did just acquire a "Vision" magazine with an unofficial RL article in it. Haven't had time to read it yet. Looks very fanzine-ish.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

It wouldn't be fun if there weren't some obscure items left to collect now would it. :-) Now don't sweat it too much, according to the list on the kargatane that Jim linked to, there are only 3 real RL articles, one of which is that stragne poem.

Though they missed the Burning Peaks article from a Polyhedron that i have, but that one was reprinted in Domains of Dread. Hmmm, maybe they missed more... :twisted: ...Did i tell you about the Ravenloft sweater that i saw in an ad? I'll have to dig that one up sometime and scan it.