Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Is this a terrible mistake or what?

Post by steveflam »

lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Yeah! I remember having that spellfire card (back in the day!) and thinking wheres the monocle?

Sad to admit but I think I have nearly the whole RL spellfire deck around somewhere. If someone wants it pm me and if you can cover the postage I'll send it to you.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

And he's a werebeast, no less. :)

lostboy do you have the Ravenloft cards from expansions other than the Ravenloft expansion? Or just the Ravenloft expansion itself?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

I think they are just from the RL expansion. I'll have to dig them out and check.

I seem to remember Ive got a few from other settings as well and an couple I got as freebies at a Euro Gen Con sometime in the 90's, are there any in particular you are looking for?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'll send you a PM when I get a chance, but I'm basically looking for anything with the Ravenloft logo that's NOT from the Ravenloft expansion. (There are few dozen such cards.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

Had not time to check the Feat of the Goblyn cover myself. I do have though probly every Ravenloft Spellfire card though. That card from the Ravenloft expansion, which booster packs are very common.

My favorite Ravenloft spellfire card was The Red Death avatar, so fun :D
I got to quote Evil Dead constantly, "Join Us", player had to choose to either ally with red death in the fight or kill themselves :D
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Along the line of original post, if you can find the Rudolph Van Richten card he appears to have turned into Jack the Ripper...

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p125889.htm ... ID=8387203
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Either that, or he's gonna pull a rabbit out of that hat. :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

The Ravenloft cards were terribly inaccurate. It had a picture of Strahd as a Kargat Vampire. It had Falkovnia as a "poisonous domain" (try Borca or Dorvinia, guys). It had the Ghost Ship transform your people into "flyers" instead of "swimmers".

I did a load of replacement Spellfire cards for that deck, using Paint Shop Pro. The Ravenloft booster was the first booster released, and the good folk at TSR apparently had no sense of power moderation, so it was basically weaker than every booster that came after. Azalin's power and Strahd's power were nice compared to the starter decks, but they sucked compared to later boosters.

Sadly, my replacement Spellfire webpage went down about a year ago. Here's an example of a replacement card for Azalin: