Mists & fog

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Mists & fog

Post by Paladyn »

I got up early today and was greeted by enormous mists, surrounding my entire neighbourhood and, as it came later whole city.

I walked wit mine dog and soon we were lost in milky white and surrounded with silecne. It's kinda weird, because I know mine colony pretty well, but we almost became lost. Mine first thought were: "Will we be transported into RL? Great!"

Such kind of weather always makes me think about Core and I wish i had time to run campaign or to mine old group.
Do you have similar experiences?
What does inspire tou to think about Ravenloft?

Ehhhh.

Have nice day.

Unfortunately, mists are rising.
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Yes, I share the same feelings quite often. I live in a city that has low fogs quite often. Actually, I've taken lots of inspiration from actual weather conditions I've been in, I even think some of the best ideas came from such scenes. After all, it's different when you've somehow been there :-)

Alex
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I used to live in the midlands in England, and the mists were pretty cool in the spring and autumns.
Dr Ed
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dr Ed »

Actually, there was quite a lot of mist last night -- probably for the first time in months. The moon was full and the water vapor amplified its brightness, and the dampening power of the fog made the air as still as the grave.

The first thing that came to my mind was Mensick's obscuring mist covering Dr. Zitomira's approach as he creeps up on a group of undead, armed only with a syringe full of quintessence and his wits.
Korumil
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Korumil »

That's rediculous Nikolai. You don't have a working model of the Argus Eyes, which would let you see through the thick mist. Besides that, why would you ever be able to sneak up on undead at night in the fog? Almost always the situation is the reverse.
Don't touch the sunglasses.

Death makes all men equal, Life makes all men brothers. -Mournesworth family crest
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

*thunder rumbling*
quiet you two!
my bones among the rocks and roots
Dr Ed
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dr Ed »

Cold One feat, my good man. Cold One feat. But you're right -- that never works. It's one of the many reasons why we're always so horribly, horribly screwed.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I know the feeling.
I live in a city that runs along the minnesota river and at one point you have to cross protected swamp land to get here.
Sometimes in the fall, the mist hangs just above the swamps surface and dispite the fact that I live in Minnesota, it looks how I would envision Souraigne.
In the early morning if it is humid enough, the mist will creep up to where I live. I will go for a walk around the neighborhood which is about a block and a half away from a cemetary that dates back to the mid 1800's. I love the fact that I can find inspiration for my game just by what lays around me.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'm sad... I live on a remarkably non-spooky college campus. New England, you'd think I'd have creepy old forests and abandoned mills all over the place, but no.....

*grumbles*

It's hard to find the forest eerie when you pretty much have to shove the squirrels and chipmunks out of the way.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

We get some pretty good fogs here in Tulsa. I live right by the Arkansas River too, so they set up right outside my apartment window.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Here in Maine we get the wet, seacoast Mordentshirey fogs. My favorite was the one day when I was driving home one night and the fog was so thick I had to open the car door to see the road.

There's nothing like a good foggy night, though, when I'm walking the dog in the park at midnight.