Silent hill

Discussing all things Ravenloft
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Silent hill

Post by NykylaiHellray »

Though silent hill does have some slightly lovecraftian origins, and somtimes it seems to have the ideas of fiends sewn through it.

What would people think of a silent hill domain in ravenloft?

If so how would you go about it?

EDIT: >_> Oppps did not relise someone made this topic allready
[quote="Kelliack"] It is the lost coin of the gods when they first flipped to see who would get which portfolio.[/quote]
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Well personally I always saw Necropolis as a "Silent Hill." You could tweak it so that it really resembles Silent Hill. Hey now... there is an idea for a game lol.
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

Here you go: another topic about SH. ;)
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Silent Hill is, in my opinion, not Lovecraftian; the monsters and personal demons are follies of human vice and nature; in Lovecraftian horror, human desires are insignificant next to the machinations of the Old Ones; in Silent Hill, the greatest villains are no more than humans, not monsters: The Head Cult Leader in SH1 was the major villain; in SH2, there was not really a villain, except for Pyramid Head, who was a manifestation of James' angst over killing his wife; Pyramid Head would not exist if not for James' guilt; in SH3, Claudia, a cult member, is responsible for Heather's suffering; in Silent Hill 4, it is the designs of Walter Sullivan, a serial killer, who is the main villain.
In every Silent Hill game, a human, and nothing more, is the catalyst for the events.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign