Wiccy's Latest Project - Daemonhunters!

Books, movies, television and everything else
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Wiccy's Latest Project - Daemonhunters!

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

While not slaving away over my web-comic Zombie Tales, or drawing up the new-look Q'arluanti Chronicles (more on this another time), I'm quite busy putting together an all new Daemonhunters army for Warhammer 40,000.

I have a converted Grand Master that I converted only this morning! (converted heraldy shield, repositioned right hand, storm shield) It's also based on a classic Grey Knight terminator mini, to show that this guy really has seen alot of action ;)

I also have my Inquisitor (which for me is a must) with his fine retinue of 6 brave and bizarre amigos (7 if I make him a lord coz I have a spare henchman just in case).

To back up these heroes I have 2 squads of Grey Knights in power armour (1 aquad of 7, 1 of 5 at the moment, they'll get bigger and nastier with my next purchases) and a Vindicare Assassin (from when they first released these guys!).

After increasing my current squads in size (and adding a psycannon to boost their firepower), a dreadnought and a rhino of chimera for the inquisitor (and his ecclectic buddies) I'm then going to add some teleport attack squads before rounding things off with an addition rhino, a Purgation squad and a few Imperial Storm Troopers.

With the core of the army complete I'll turn my attention to some funky and more extensive conversions (a Sister Captain/Grand Mistress with her helmet removed and neck guard hollowed out with a new fancy, lightweight nemeis weapon, incinerator and lots of other little bits put in for good measure) and an alternative Inquisitor (with another retinue and a transport fit for a king!).

Terminators and Landraiders are really low on my list of priorities, in fact they rank even lower than my future plans to ally from Witch Hunters to the army! Though I will add some terminators in time (mostly to act as a bodyguard to my grand master/mistress), for the moment I'll be using a teleport squad of grey knights as a fill-in bodyguard.

I've not painted single thing for the army yet, in fact it;s so new I've barely part assembled half of the minis. I'm planning to finish of my nitial trooper choices, then I'll paint them a whole squad at a time, then work on the grand master before the inquisitor, retinue and transport (that way I can mix up some colours that will feature across the entire group to show some form of cehesion).

My next army will be a small Witch Hunters force (I want an Immolator and Excorsist tank, lol) before I rebuild and reinforce my old Chaos Space Marines, bringing them up to date wth the current edition.

For those who remember the Warhammer Daemon Legion I was putting together, it did reach a fair way with 2 units of 15 Daemonettes, 15 Plaguebearers, 5 Nurglings, 5 Mounted Daemonettes, 2 Daemonic Heralds and a Daemon Prince, but I never really finished it when many of the components I needed to most of my conversions went out of circulation (even in the classics!). All of what I did collect was painted and tested on the field of battle a couple of times and I learned 1 important factor - Mounted Daemonettes and a Daemon Prince can charge down and annihilated units of chosen chaos knights in 1 round of combat; and that 15 Plaguebearers and 5 Nurglings working together equal overkill! LOL! I did start 2 chartios (1 Nurgle, 1 Slaanesh) for the army but never finished them, while the chariots and crews and complete and sitting pretty, the creatures to pull them never got purchased (again, compinents going out of circulation) which is annoying since the Slaaneshi Daemon Chariot cost me alot of time and money (upwards of £30 and that's without the creatures pull ing the thing) since I had to buy some expensive bits to put it together.

Anyway, it's time for me to return to filing, pinning, gluing and converting more Grey Knights (that bloody lightning claw will fit dammit!) before rewarding myself with some comic strips later this afternoon and 2 hours of anime on tv this evening. Ah... it's nice to have a day off, even though those comic strips are really work in some sense of the word, heheh ;)
Swallow your soul!