Getting ready to start a new campaign.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Getting ready to start a new campaign.

Post by Scipio »

Hey all, I'm getting ready to kick off a new campaign, beginning with The Strange Story of Darkagnon Estates. I was wondering what experiences the rest of you migh have had with this adventure, and any tips you might have for it. (I'm looking forward to really screwing with my players' heads.) As it stands we have one person playing a paladin so he'll be immune to the fleas, which gives them a chance to recover at the end.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

Never ran nor played that one, where does it take place?
my bones among the rocks and roots
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

It takes place in the "old south" section of Arkandale. It's available for download in The Library, here at FoS. It's pretty good, a classic ghost story with a twist. (The twist being that it's not a ghost.)
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Well everyone after many many many stalls and delays I finally got my campaign underway. It turned out rather hilariously, actually.
Below is a very shortened version of events, for the full version contact me.
Dramatis Personae
Stamanos - 5th level druid
Cat - Awakened cat (teh druid's animal companion)
Bob (he's not good with names) - 5th level sorceror.

The way things went was quite simple. Cat was the first to suffer from the Fleas of Madness, and got into a fight with a fictitious wolf. Shortly thereafter he cuddled up to the other 2 characters, quite frightened, and Bob succumbed. Their invesitgations continued until Bob saw Stamonos outside, through a window, fighting zombies. He then dove out the window, trying to save him. Cat and Stamanos hear the crash and run to seewhat it was, with Cat jumping out the window, and Stamanos wild shaping to save him, enter the first madness save for Bob.

After the fight, Bob finally awakens the "ghost" and gets stabbed, being knocked unconscious while Cat and Stamanos go to find the roses they need to stop it. They walked up to find Bob passed out, healed him up and then went back inside just in time to hear a scream. They find one of the servants dead, and do some investigating finding hte fleas finally. At this point Cat is going crazy. He sets it up so Lord Darkagnon's cat gets pheno-bromide poisoning, then uses taht and some fake blood to blame the cat for the servant girl's death. Anyways, long story short they then headed out to the nation of "Necropolis" (this is set pre Death Undaunted.)

JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Crazy. I've never heard of this adventure before, but now I think I'm gonna go and look at it.

What happened to the paladin player? Did they change their character or leave the group, or what?