4E reshaping Demons/Devils´ history

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

By the same token, I can argue that this new history won't be apparent to players either, so why bother? Purely cosemetic changes are wholly unnecessary, regardless of whether or not they've invented a reason for them. And yes, I know Rich Baker is the guy writing this, but you don't think the heads and WotC (or more likely, the heads at Hasbro) hired Baker to write this stuff for a reason? Instead of just making the necessary changes to broken mechanics, WotC likes to toss the baby out with the bathwater and change everything. "It's a new edition! Up is the new down! Left is the new right!" They did it with the change from 2nd to 3rd, they're doing it with 3rd to 4th, and they'll do it again in about 8-10 years when 5th edition comes out.
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Bluebomber4evr wrote:...WotC likes to toss the baby out with the bathwater and change everything. "It's a new edition! Up is the new down! Left is the new right!" They did it with the change from 2nd to 3rd, they're doing it with 3rd to 4th, and they'll do it again in about 8-10 years when 5th edition comes out.
:Brain: And that's why I will stick to even-numbered editions!!! :Brain:

EDIT: odd, odd!!! (Darn english classes... I still mix up those two terms)
Last edited by WolfKook on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Does that logic also apply to the Star Trek movies?
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Bluebomber4evr wrote: And yes, I know Rich Baker is the guy writing this, but you don't think the heads and WotC (or more likely, the heads at Hasbro) hired Baker to write this stuff for a reason?
Hasbro is a multi-billion dollar company with WotC being one of fourteen different subsidiaries including such Mom-n-Pop companies as: Kenner, Milton Bradley, Parker Brothers, Playskool and Tonka. I doubt the head of the company knows who Rich Baker is let alone hand-picked him for the job.
Bluebomber4evr wrote: Instead of just making the necessary changes to broken mechanics, WotC likes to toss the baby out with the bathwater and change everything. "It's a new edition! Up is the new down! Left is the new right!" They did it with the change from 2nd to 3rd, they're doing it with 3rd to 4th, and they'll do it again in about 8-10 years when 5th edition comes out.
Examples please.