Make a Cabal

Discussing all things Ravenloft
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Make a Cabal

Post by NykylaiHellray »

This is mainly for my sigilesque city which I am making.

I am asking for people to invent cabals, which are going to be a set of factions which run the city from within the shadows.

Each are in some ways like the factions of sigil, some may appear nice, but all deep in there core are dreadfull, each vying for control of the city, each preaching a set of ideals, each more insane then the last.

The ones posted will be featured in the netbook I am writting for this city.

So far the only one is

Seekers of the Beast
- The erradication of rational thought is there motto, and is the only rule this cabal permits. The devolution of the mind, going back to the primal roots from which all "intellegent" races came.
They belive in instinct, most of there members are degenerates, slipping further into more amoral beastial creatures.
They operate deep within the maw, and count many of the slaves among its members, especially the morlocks, who they considure very close to there idea of perfection.

With the other being a branch of the fraternity of shadows.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

As I recall Lamordia has a cabal of rationalists that are the virtual opposite of the Beasties so that might be a thread to pull on.

The Children of the Mists or some such would be another possibility. Rather than the FoS which seeks control, they seek to merge with the Mists.

The Children of the Night who seek power by fraternising and worse with monsters would be another possibility.

The Fiendsmen would worship and attempt to summon/serve/become fiends, although this might be a little too fantastic.
The cure for what ails you
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

Hmmm another I just thought off, could be the Returners.

They believe the mists is the ultimate personification of purgatory and seek to purify themselves through reincarnation, till they are deemed worthy to leave the mists and purify there souls.

I am thinking the cabals should be groups who percieve the mists in different ways.
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Isn't there a cabal/cult surrounding The Mummy of Ste. Ronges ?
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

That's a familial cult headed by the human Reniers, not an analog for one of the PS factions. It doesn't have any clear grounds to take an interest in events so far from Richemulot, AFAIK: the members just want Jackie dead and their wererat relatives ousted from control of the Renier clan.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow