If they were going to re-release a demiplanes of dread?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

http://www.puddnhead.com/ and brom would be cool artists to do new artwork for ravenloft.

Dave mckean would be good to.

Another thing I would like to see, is a domain designed by neil gaiman.

As for the comments about the dread elemental planes.

I think they could be very cool if they were written well personally.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Igor the Henchman wrote:My wishlist:

Drop the Ban of Secrecy. Put everything in one book, from player options to darklord identities. Unveling the secret lore might increase the setting's popularity with the player crowd.

Make Vistani a playable race.

Include Fear, Horror and Madness saves, Powers checks, Powers checks for spellcasting, Curses, Taint, Incantations and Sanity as optional mechanics, to be used as the group wants, depending on the feel of a particular campaign.

Include optional mechanics and tips for playing without miniatures - the changes it means to rules and encounter building.

Make the Clusters larger and more compelling. Allow to play entire campaigns outside of the Core.

Touch upon non-human race cultures, with race-specific feats or prestige classes.

Introduce the concept of Cursed Items Worth Keeping - magic items with a unique history that combine useful powers with disturbing after-effects.
Wait, I got another one:

Change the "None Can Escape!" rule, so it applies only to Darklords. This would allow a safe usage of the Summon Monster spells, and allow the setting to have an Aasimar and Tiefling population. The latter wouldn't exibit physical deformities (that's Caliban territory), but would instead have an air of inexplicable "wrongness" about them.

Also, get rid of the Reality Wrinkles (or at least, change how they interact with Darklords and domain borders). These anti-darklord holes make the setting look like a piece of swiss cheese.