Heroes of Light Question...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Heroes of Light Question...

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I was going back over my copy of Heroes of Light when I came across Eia Pax, the paladin that bears the enchanted full plate that doesn't hinder dexterity checks. My only question is... what enchantment is that? I was thinking about Nimbleness from the Magic Item Compendium, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I appreciate the assistance, and I'm sure that my players will also.
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I'd assumed it was something new. Either the writer'd made it up on the spot, or Eia came from somebody's actual game campaign, complete with a homebrew armor enhancement.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

I have Heroes of Light, but not in front of me, and I never looked at Pax's stats. Are you saying his armor has no max Dex bonus restrictment? If so that is Grace and its from Book of Eldritch Might II. Why they would pull something from there is beyond me though; cool, but very hard to find if you don't know where it's from.

Grace: This armor is flexible and easier than normal
to move and stretch within. It has no maximum Dexterity
score.
Caster Level: 5th; Prerequisites: Craft Magical
Arms and Armor, cat’s grace; Market Price: +1 bonus
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Snake wrote:I have Heroes of Light, but not in front of me, and I never looked at Pax's stats. Are you saying his armor has no max Dex bonus restrictment? If so that is Grace and its from Book of Eldritch Might II. Why they would pull something from there is beyond me though; cool, but very hard to find if you don't know where it's from.

score.
Yeah, her armor is really impressive. Even in a 'normal' D&D game. I appreciate the information, friend.
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Guardian of Twilight wrote:
Snake wrote:I have Heroes of Light, but not in front of me, and I never looked at Pax's stats. Are you saying his armor has no max Dex bonus restrictment? If so that is Grace and its from Book of Eldritch Might II. Why they would pull something from there is beyond me though; cool, but very hard to find if you don't know where it's from.

score.
Yeah, her armor is really impressive. Even in a 'normal' D&D game. I appreciate the information, friend.
No problem. Glad to be of help. :)
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

There's no reason to think the authors didn't come up with this same idea independantly, but you have made an interesting observation, as BoEM-II came out in May 2002 and HoL was released in November 2002.
I only wish I had retired sooner!