The Carnival: ZOMG! ^_^

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Thanks Gonzoron, for once my tedious memory actually worked! WOOHOO!!

Tghe floating pokcet indeed deserves an update. Anyone wanna ask Steve ot John if they're up to the job?
Swallow your soul!
Shadow
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Shadow »

Tghe floating pokcet indeed deserves an update. Anyone wanna ask Steve ot John if they're up to the job?
I propose that the Fraternity do an update. Come to think of it, there is a lot of Ravenloft stuff that needs an update. We ought to do a netbook updating the some of the best module and NPCs to third edition.[/quote]
In the darkness of night look toward the stars
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

Why not something to move the setting's timeline forward? It's about time someone shows up, kills a darklord and takes the throne. How about a rebellion in Barovia? I don't know... that would be a nice project. Ravenloft: 758 to 775, the golden years. :twisted:

But I really like this Carnival project. Good idea. :wink:
Lost Heretic
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lost Heretic »

I'd be against moving forward. Quite frankly, it would just complicate things...and I do believe that it's far more correct for official supplements to move the metaplot.

And remember, we've got a whole lot of empty domains and ones that haven't truly been updated since the first version of Ravenloft. Why not do something with those? :)
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

What the Heretic said ;)

As for the Frat supplying an updated version of Carnival, there may be copyright issues, WotC had someone take down updated 3.0 stats for most of the DL's a good few years ago, though the guy himself shot himself in the foot when showing the document to WotC.

An updated Carniva lwould be fantastic to see, but it's not the most importan thing, As people say, there are lots of other stuff that need an update alot more badly, the seas, clusters and islands of terror for instance :(
Swallow your soul!