What age should we stop playing Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft

About what age do you believe a person should stop playing Raenloft as he or she is very old for this?

Around 18, at most 20. This is a game for teenagers after all.
1%
Around 25. When you should find a permanent job or marry and generally have more important things to do
2%
Around 30 to 35. When you have kids, you should stop hunting vampires and werewolves. What bedtime stories will you tell them if not?
1%
Around 45 - 50. You can't play when your children bring their girlfriends at home, can you?
No votes
Around 60. You have to help your children raise their own children! You can't play any more.
No votes
Around 70. I really can't find a reason for a person to stop playing Ravenloft if he/she reached that far!
No votes
Never! Until your brain becomes so old that you cannot remember who Strahd is, you will roll the dice.
96%

Total votes: 101

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:"Nurse! Nurse! He is cheating again! Next time you look over the DM shield you old maggot, I will cave in your bald head with my wheelchair!"
"Yes or pommel you to death with my cane!!!"
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
Snake wrote:After looking at many of the pictures of the people on this board, I have to say that age doesn't appear to be a reason to stop playing DnD.
Just to satisfy my curiousity, what other reasons can you think of to stop playing Ravenloft? ;)
The only reason I can think to stop playing Ravenloft is possibly a horrible accident that leaves me in a permanent vegetative state. After all if I'm unable to react to my environment I can't pick up the dice. Even then I'd find a way, probably.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Scipio wrote:The only reason I can think to stop playing Ravenloft is possibly a horrible accident that leaves me in a permanent vegetative state. After all if I'm unable to react to my environment I can't pick up the dice. Even then I'd find a way, probably.
Take a level or two in psion. :P
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Scipio wrote:The only reason I can think to stop playing Ravenloft is possibly a horrible accident that leaves me in a permanent vegetative state. After all if I'm unable to react to my environment I can't pick up the dice. Even then I'd find a way, probably.
Make a deal with the dark powers and have them remove the vegetative state. After all, whats a Dark Lord Point between friends? :D
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Snake wrote:
Make a deal with the dark powers and have them remove the vegetative state. After all, whats a Dark Lord Point between friends? :D
Too true. There are worse ways to fail a powers check.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

I read an interview with Ken Bald, the artist who formerly drew the Judd Saxon, Dr. Kildare, and Dark Shadows newspaper comic strips.

He's been retired for some time but he said that, because of his fascination with Dracula and gothic horror, the Dark Shadows comic strip was his favorite of all his work.

(And that's saying something considering that the Dark Shadows strip only ran for a year and he worked on the complete 22 year run of the Dr. Kildare strip.)

So, with he and Forrest J Ackermann as shining examples of octagenarian horror fans, we have nothing to worry about. RPGs are just a new mode of disseminating the genre.

Edited for spelling ("De-semen-ating the genre ?" Eww.)
Last edited by LordGodefroi on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Just looked at the poll. Ninety-one people argue that we never stop playing. Rather unanimous, though I'm not surprised considering that this is, after all, *the* Ravenloft Board.

So at this rate I have another half-century or so of RL Playing. Nice.

I wonder if you can arrange for an undead state while you're dealing with the DPs. There's a certain horror-irony in a group of skeletal gamesmen, playing a game for centuries on end.

I may just use the motif somewhere....
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Wiccy is working on a special variety of lichdom and lich-gamer spells to use.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!