Adamantine, Darkwood, Mithral

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Mithral (mithril?) items and so forth have been mentioned in a fair number of Ravenloft products, so I would say it does exist in the demiplane, albiet in small quantities. I think of it as the Wlesh Gold or Ravenloft, it's rare, very rare. So rare it's normally reserved for royalty or those rich enough to afford it. It's expensive to produce and has a long waiting list, mainly due to the fact it's hard to mine and nly a small work force do mine it, and after that, very few artisans have the skill to work it properly.

Adamantine (adamantite?) has also been referrenced to several times in the past, so I would expect that to exist in Ravenloft also, under the same conditions as those given for Mithral (mithril).
Swallow your soul!
cpt_machine
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by cpt_machine »

Since no monster out there needs mithril to hurt it, its not the weapon of choice for a monster hunter, a gold or silver dagger would be much better.

However I cant see why any of these materials cant be aquired but getting enough to make armour or weapon would be a quest in itself.
"The Light of the sky shining over the dead shall gutter and fail, turning all to red."