Reckonings: The Overlook

Online roleplaying at the Café
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Alright, I've come to another decision. In order to move forward with the story, I'm going to have to abandon the experiment. As a DM, I rely on players to keep me on my toes and create an obligation of fairness to their characters. Without players, I cannot hold back my writer's sense of "systemic elegance" in forming connections and crafting a story. That means I can't truly be the impartial referee that I need for the experiment.

I still want to wrap up the story part of things; the narrative has been a lot of work, and many people have expressed a desire to hear how things wrap up. I'm excited to hear it myself, and as the experiment has already conveyed a lot of information, I think it's time to let it rest. I'll be making decisions that serve the story as a whole and that I believe can be justified according to the personalities of those involved, but I'll leave it to commentators to wonder whether X or Y would really have happened with a player in charge, or whether Z would be a fair ruling against an epic PC. I'm much more about the story from here on out.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Hooray! More story!

Does your decision hold for all storylines, or may I reserve an advisory role for Peregrine's actions and motivations?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Hooray! More story!

Does your decision hold for all storylines, or may I reserve an advisory role for Peregrine's actions and motivations?
Hmmmm....well, my primary goal is to wrap up the storyline, but I love having players to add dimension when I can...

I tell you what: I'll add to the storylines as I see fit, and you can jump in with your PC actions in between. I make no promises about how much time you'll have, and since I'm expediting things, you are allowed to reinterpret actions i give your characters but not flat-out veto them.

This applies to all remaining PC's, including those who return from hiatus. Let's have fun with the story, and go out with a bang. Whaddya say?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

DeepShadow wrote:
Nathan of the FoS wrote:Hooray! More story!

Hmmmm....well, my primary goal is to wrap up the storyline, but I love having players to add dimension when I can...

I tell you what: I'll add to the storylines as I see fit, and you can jump in with your PC actions in between. I make no promises about how much time you'll have, and since I'm expediting things, you are allowed to reinterpret actions i give your characters but not flat-out veto them.

This applies to all remaining PC's, including those who return from hiatus. Let's have fun with the story, and go out with a bang. Whaddya say?
Fair enough. Fire away!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: