Happy Friday the 13th!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Happy Friday the 13th!

Post by Catman Jim »

Happy Friday the 13th to all!

Have you ever had an "unlucky" event happen to you on a Friday the 13th? I've never had anything really bad happen, but I'll share one story. Last year, on October 13th, I was in Vevey, Switzerland on business. My company vice president asked me to dinner. When I arrived at the restaurant, I counted 13 of us total at the table. I sat next to one of the company directors who had a raging cold. Sure enough, I caught it, and had a miserable time the next week in Paris & Northern France with my wife. Yeah, pretty light-weight, who else has a Friday the 13th story to share?
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Ask me if it's an unlucky day for my students, after I've graded the exams I'll be giving them this afternoon. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I hope nothing gonna happen to me today because I'm planning to go to my favorite club tonight and I need to have a good time there. :roll: :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

My employees havent thought about it yet(we start at 7) I'll remind them later ;)
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Seven hundred years ago, on a Friday the 13th, the King of France ordered the arrest, trials, and executions of the Knights Templar. Their last and most famous Grand Master, Jacques De Molay, was publicly burned at the stake. This was the start of the superstition regarding Friday the 13th being an unlucky day.

When you celebrated Friday The 13th, I hope you didn't forget the marshmallows this time. . . .

(And, BTW, one of the Grand Masters of the Knights Templar was named Godefroi. :) )
[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I spent a weekend at my girlfriend's house, starting Friday and with a projected end early Sunday. She has a home office in the lower floor of the family house. She has three siblings and two parents who live on the same premises as her.

In flagrante delicto almost occurred more than once. So far we've been lucky though. If you never hear from me again after this weekend, you'll probably have a good idea what bad end I arrived at.