A Resource for Gothic Earth Campaigns

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

A Resource for Gothic Earth Campaigns

Post by Blake_Alexander »

I've recently come across a resource for gathering historical information and possible plot devices (as well as props) for MotRD campaigns. I was helping with some family geneology research with a family member who has access to several websites that help with such studies. As I helped I realized that several of these sites ahve archives of old newspapers and after skimming over no less than seven issues from January andFebruaryof 1890, I had several dozen possible plot devices.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

LINKS!!!!!!

Please!!

Pretty please! And I promise to finish my MotRD conversion document within a couple of weeks at the most!!

:)

Patrick
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

The site I've been using require a monthly fee for access, it is http://www.ancestry.com/home/mbDefault.aspx. If you are not doing research into geneology as well, it may not be worth the monthly fee for access. However, I've heard that there is a site that offer newpapers without the other geneological research. I think there is a fee for using that site as well, but there may be other sites that do not require fees. You might also check out the archives at local libraries. The usually have second on microfisch or in pdf format that extend back to the mid 1800's and before. Most of the articles that I am finding unfortuanately do not deal with events in the area, rather events in various large cities around the country. If thsi holds true with other newpapers, then any local paper might provide you with information on a number of cities from the time period.
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

There are some free options on the Ancestry.com site, but I don't think any of those lead to the newpaper I was mentioning.

In case you are interested here is the Link to the newpaper archive that I mentioned:

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Default.aspx

It also requires a monthly fee to access :(