Ravenloft: Mists of Darkon

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Ravenloft: Mists of Darkon

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello,

FYI, I took the time and asked at the official RPGA boards for some more info on that cancelled RPGA campaign Rucht had worked on:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.p ... st10756582

Well, the result wasn't that encouraging, but one might take some conclusions from it.

:)

Yours,

Rafael
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Rafael,

To answer your question, there is nothing to wait and see about. :cry:

RGPA HQ flat-out said that they would not consider a Ravenloft campaign, because it would give money to their competitors over at White Wolf. Essentially, everyone in the Living Ravenloft campaign, who dished out money for a Ravenloft Player's Guide would be people who did not pull out money for WotC.

I have no hard feelings against the RPGA, or WotC. What they have said makes perfect sense.

We gave it a shot, but that's that.

Witch Hunter, on the other hand is a game that will be coming out next year. It will not be RPGA run. What encourages me about Witch Hunter is that many of the same writers from the Living Death campaign are going to be writing for this new campaign.

I realize that many people would want to see a d20 Modern Horror game, but the RPGA doesn't seem to want any more Living campaigns, instead going with their current campaign format.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Thank you for your answer, RUcht. I am sorry to hear that, but, in the end, it's indeed true from the economical point of view.

I posted a longer answer over at the WotC boards. Again, thank you!

Yours,

Rafael