Teeny Tiny Tales of Terror: Q is for Quivering

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Teeny Tiny Tales of Terror: Q is for Quivering

Post by Mangrum »

OK, short and sweet, the letter Q. Somehow I don't see this one taking too long.

Quell [Libris Mortis] Pic
Done! Quevari [Denizens of Dread]
Done! Quickwood (spy tree) [Denizens of Dread]

Quell: Medium Undead (Incorporeal), CR 3, lawful evil. Quells despise themselves, all life, and the gods who grant it. Not very powerful in combat; however, they possess the ability to cut off divine spellcasters from their deities, the source of their power. Multiple quells can cooperate to tackle more powerful clerics and the like. Appears somewhat like a ghostly, robed humanoid, with dark magical symbols floating around its head. Sometimes sought out as minions by more powerful undead masters.

Quevari: Medium Humanoid (Quevari), CR 1/2 or CR 1, lawful good or chaotic evil. A race of normally peaceful folk, otherwise identical to humans, who're cursed to become homicidal maniacs whenever the moon grows full.

Quickwood (Spy Tree): Huge Plant, CR 10, neutral. Intelligent, carnivorous oak tree that attacks with its buried root tendrils, dragging creatures toward its maw like a roper. Can emit a deep thrumming sound through the soil, acting as an alarm system of sorts. Can also animate oak trees and see through their senses.
Last edited by Mangrum on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Quevari

"We stayed at the village for three days before the full moon. They where the lovliest of people, kind and caring. Lissia Viran took us in and we enjoyed her families company, her husband and her two young girls.

"It was the day that the first full moon rose that we noticed things where getting odd. Lissia's husband started to get angry at Neville the halfling for little things, not putting his cup on the table straight, sitting too close to the fire.

"After midday, the girls started to get violent, hitting Mah-Loa, our Rokuma mage and pulling her hair. We tried to get them to stop and asked Lissia to keep them under control, but she shouted at us not to tell her how to raise her children.

"Then night fell and the moon rose. As soon as the moonlight poured through the window Lissia's husband changed. He grabbed the poker from near the fire and caved Mah-Loa's skull in. Then the children held Neville down as Lissia throttled him.

"I ran, ran as far as I could. That night I slept in the woods. Never been back to that village, never will again."

-Thron Vaillgarn, Falkovian warrior.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Quickwood is done?
Where?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Whoops; marked off the wrong one.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Quickwood (Spy Tree)
"Our trek to the cottage of Moag the Apocathery was short, yet arduous. Roots and rocks jutted out from the path as though they purposely sought to trip us. Perhaps they were. When we came to his cottage, that pale bastard was waiting for us with his happy little rictus grin stretched across his clown white face."
""You know why we've come, alchemist!" Yasmine hollered."
""Indeed I do... It's about your lovely little friend's condition, isn't it? But why should I go through the trouble of ruining my comrades' handiwork? That's not very polite, you realize.""
"Michael leveled his crossbow at Moag."
""You can break his curse: break it, and we'll let you live.""
"The alchemist closed his awful mouth, tapping his lips as he strutted before us."
""My goodness, what a generous offer... But let me make a counter offer... My sources tell me that you nice people had a certain Spear of Dagon come into your grubby little hands: get it for me, and we have a deal.""
"Michael fired his crossbow at the smiling wretch. After all those lives the Spear had cost us, no hell clown should be allowed to mock us."
"As the crossbolt flew toward him, Moag's ugly, toothy grin turned into a disappointed pout. Then it stopped about a foot before his left eye: a long wooden tendril had emerged from the ground to seize the crossbolt. "
""How sad." And with that statement, the oak to Moag's side opened its toothy maw, and scowled. "Eat them," and with that, the oak smiled a toothy smile."
-from the journal of Jerome Delacroix, Mordentish explorer
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Re: Teeny Tiny Tales of Terror: Q is for Quivering

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Quell [Libris Mortis]

There being nothing so tiresome as a meddling priest, I have been at some pains to procure the services of several new hirelings to deal with any such god-touched nuisances. They are of the best sort--not so powerful as to give any worry of their eventual insurrection, but with powerful abilities precisely tailored to meet a pressing need--in this case, to keep clerics far away from me.

From a notebook found in the library of the lich known as Phantom's Bane
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Thanks, and that's it for this letter.