FoS booted from Darkon?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

FoS booted from Darkon?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hey gang,

Trying to weave my modified From the Shadows adventure together for December. Combing through my notes I found that the Frat was kicked out of Darkon in 700. Where's the reference for this? What was the story behind it? I can't find it in Gaz II, and there's even a reference there to a Frat prescence at the Brautlava institute which would seem to contradict it. Anyone remember where I may have found that tidbit?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

I don't think it appears in any published books.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

I think there are further allusions to the matter in the lastest Quothed the Raven.
The cure for what ails you
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Finaly, a topic in which I can give a helpful answer :lol:

The frat getting kicked out comes from Nathen's article on them in USS 2002.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Ah yes, that would be it. Thanks...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Actually, there's a canon reference to "purges" at Brautslava (which seem to have targeted illusionists) in the short story "Objets d'Art", from "Tales of Ravenloft". The narrator who mentions them was a professor at the Institute -- he's no longer working there, but you'll have to read the story to find out why :twisted: -- and he recalls these purges having happened quite a few years before the story takes place, which meshes nicely with the FoS's history in USS.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow