Ravenloft actor/actress poll

Discussing all things Ravenloft
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I almost fell off of my chair laughing, ha ha ha!
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

Azalin's strength was a gift from the Dark Powers.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Mangrum wrote:Azalin's strength was a gift from the Dark Powers.
I vaguely recall "Azalin the Lich" in The House on Gryphon Hill also had a Str of 17. In canon history, this would place him after his entry to Ravenloft, but before his lordship of Darkon. In strict publication history, however, this predates any mention of the Dark Powers.

(Of course, this also predates any mention of aging modifiers, unless First Edition had them. I can totally imagine some TSR Inc. writer rolled up a 17 for this lich character and said "sure".)

Although how exactly they managed to roll a "-14" on 3d6 for his Comeliness stat, I'm not so sure. ;)
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I think Anton Misroi is white. That might cause some problems with Sam Jackson playing him. I skipped to the last few pages, so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but after Van Helsing, I think Hugh Jackman would be a natural for Young Van Richten or George Wheathermay. I know that movie had a little too much action, but it actually comes pretty close to "Gothic Adventure" in my book.
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

I also assumed he was always white; he was the plantation master, after all. I don't know if that is skewed by my perception of slavery, but when I think of Southeastern/Caribbean plantation owners, I think of whites.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Also, the portait in the Gazetteer seems to depict him as white. If Sam was a little older, he might make a good Chicken Bone.
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Scarycount wrote:I think Anton Misroi is white. That might cause some problems with Sam Jackson playing him. I skipped to the last few pages, so forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but after Van Helsing, I think Hugh Jackman would be a natural for Young Van Richten or George Wheathermay.
George more than 'Dolf, I think. By the time Van Richten took up monster hunting he was not very young nor, I suspect, very athletic.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Then again, Geroge smiles a lot less than Van Helsing does.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Ian McKellen for Yagno Petrovna:

Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

What about Daniel Day Lewis as STRAHD!
And Will Ferrill as Ivan Dillisnya.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

HuManBing wrote:Image
Very hilarious! :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I personally think a RL movie sounds great. I expect I will get much venom from this, but as an aspiring movie actor/director, and I actually plan to make one eventually. (Unless someone beats me to it)

I agree though, hollywood movies these days are generally lousy when recreating things. I hated LOTR and KIng Kong, and I probably will hate The Wolf Man, and Thie Birds. However, shoud I ever make a RL movie, I will do my best to break that trend.
Hail Strahd!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Lance Henriksen as Azalin Rex. 'Nuff said.

Jeremy Puckett (Hida Jiremi)[/img]
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
LordGodefroi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by LordGodefroi »

Strahd: Antonio Banderas

Azalin: Wouldn't have to be CGI. Remember, he projects illusions of a live person most of the time. I second the Lance Henriksen suggestion.

Van Richten: Ian McKellan

Lord Godefroy: Sean Connery

Ivana Boritsi: Sofia Vergara (Pictured) or Parminder Nagra

[url=http://www.classichorrorfilmboard.com/]Classic Horror Film Board[/url]

[url=http://www.halloweenartexhibit.com/]Annual Halloween Art Exhibit - Chicago[/url]
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Sean as Godefroy? If they made a RL movie with that casting, I couldn't stop laughing at his voice.
Hail Strahd!