Gothic Earth in the Netherlands

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Gothic Earth in the Netherlands

Post by Jennifer »

Hello all,
In the Veranda you can now read about a short Gothic Earth campaign I ran in the summer of 2006. It plays in my home town of Nijmegen and concerns murky Dutch politics and religious conflict. Through in a succubus in the background and things really get out of hand.

Tell me what you think of this campaing. Me and my players enjoyed this campaign, especially the terrible finale.

Jennifer
Band2
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Band2 »

It was a very interesting read. It seems like there was a lot more to the adventure background you created that the characters never discovered. They discovered some points but never figured out how they were connected.

Incidently was this the same players from your other games or new players?
Only two things scare me and one is former back-up dancers for Christina Aguilera.
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Blake_Alexander »

Very nice Jennifer! I like the way you invovled the PC's in a plot that was not obviously supernatural at first. It's something I've tried, but have not successfully accomplished with my current group. They are a bit to strait forward for some of the more suttle aspects fo the setting.
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hey guys,
Good to read that you liked my campaign. I too thought it went rather well. Although the ending where Korneel and Willem decided to go and kill Emma and Wilhelmina came as a bit of a shock to everyone. We are still rather royalist here.

Due to the short time the players had to solve the mystery, some things remained undiscovered, they never managed to unearth Mimi, the succubus temptress of the King. And so they never found out, until the very end, how Leopold managed to do the things he did.

These were mainly new players, only Sander (Korneel) was also part of my longer running Ravenloft Campaign. Although they all have experience with RPGs.

With these short RPGs which I run about twice a year, you have to force the players a bit into the plot. It was not as if they could refuse a request from the queen to investigate a suspicous man.

Jennifer