Understanding Murder: A compilation of bizzare cases

Coordinating community projects
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Understanding Murder: A compilation of bizzare cases

Post by Desertrising »

Well I have decided to go for it. I am looking to do my very first netbook.

It will be a group of case files about infamous or bizarre murders and ther perp's.

I would like to hear from the rest of the board what they would like to see from it and what they would like to add. I have no set time limit on how long this will take (though I am hoping under six months) and wish to release a truly quality product.

Shoot me questions and ideas please.
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Case Name: Wood for wood, blood for blood

The people of Mordentshire have always been suspicious of the Northern Forest of the ancients. Generations of childeren have been taught not to disturb those woods for any reason. Even when elves pass by these massive, looming ever-greens, they have a cool and unforgiving chill within their soul.

North of Mordentshire lived a lonely Carpenter by the name of Joseph. Joseph, however somewhat of a recluse, had always been known for his fine quality products.Unfortunately, as Joseph's youth ended, so did his career as a carpenter, and so he was forced to give up his home upon a Dementleuiese merchant purchasing his land from right underneath him. Ironically, this same merchant was in the business of selling wooden furniture.

Some say that Joseph spat a curse upon the Merchant for his cool-hearted avarice that day. Others say that Joseph threw himself off of a cliff, casting himself before the shoreline rocks. Either way, no one saw him again.

Joseph was always the first to tell anyone that no one should ever cut trees down from the Forest of the Ancients. This merchant, however, did not have the same respect for superstitions. Seeing the forest as a convienient asset, he hired laborers to start cutting the forest down for mass scale production.

One night, 3 weeks ago, one of the laborers went missing. After a long and thorough search of the woods, all of his clothes and tools were found intact underneath a great willow tree. Frightened by the tree's presence, the searchers ran back home. The next day, the Merchant woke up to find a finely built table in his room. At first, he interpretted it as a gift for his 'hard work'. This was only until he realized that the table was actually constructed out of human flesh and bone.

There have been at least nine other cases when individuals that worked for this Dementleuiese Merchant were found with their bodies twisted into artistic pieces of furniture. Eventually, the merchants business had to close down, but not before saving enough gold pieces to potentially pay any one who will exact his revenge for him. One rumor is that the trees of the forest of the ancients did not appreciate being turned into furniture, and so they gave the humans a taste of their own medicine. Another rumor is that the ghost of the old Carpenter Joseph is still lingering in those woods, attaching to his career in some perversed way that could only exist during ones after life. All the merchant wants is for someone to exact revenge against who ever ruined his fortune. He doesn't care about getting the land back in the end.
taintedsoul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by taintedsoul »

I was myself working on something simular, a guide to the madmen and signature killers of the mists (The Human Monster: In Persuit of Madness)

I am interested in contributing in anyway I can, if you are interested.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

taintedsoul wrote:I was myself working on something simular, a guide to the madmen and signature killers of the mists (The Human Monster: In Persuit of Madness)

I am interested in contributing in anyway I can, if you are interested.
Amen to that - I'll help/contribute freely as well...

So, we are looking at case files for murders (infamous and bizzare) as well as the perpetrators? So, something more like Bloody jack's spree rather than wholesale slaughter? or are we not rulling that out either?...
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Scot Storm
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Scot Storm »

Hey BB, Just writing to see how your project is comming.
Write back when you get this.
Storm
Scot Storm
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Scot Storm »

Oh and Desertrising hows your project.
Storm
Ronia Sun
Arch-villain
Arch-villain
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, gearing up for another looong winter...

Post by Ronia Sun »

Hmmm. I'm interested in contributing to either of these projects. Email me!
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. --Terry Pratchett
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

Sorry for the long silence on this issue, I wound up getting distracted by about everything. Rather than go into my life story as to what happened to cause so much distraction, please accept my utter appologies.

Anyone who wants to help with this is more then welcome or if a project similar to this is already happening let me know.
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.