Zherisia report - deadline!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I'd be interested in working up a bit on marikith subtypes, if there's any demand for that.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Well, I'd like to see Paridon reduced to 70 pages and Timor a slender 30. I can do 30 in 3-4 days easy. That's less than 10 a day. So really the only thing I'm worried about is the size of Paridon.

I've been brainstorming away and already have a tonn of ideas on mapping and small details. Communities and other critters inside. A few dread possibilities and the like.

But help is always good. Nicholas, you want to do geography? Send me a quick bullet list of what ya got and I'll send what I've been kicking around.
Certainly David, just after I finish up the NPCs for Paridon. Being the Zoo-nerd I am, I would be all too happy to do part I for Timor.

The number of pages on Paridon is an issue, I will agree. I'm going to trim some things in the gaz (much to my regret, but it needs to be done).

I'd be interested in working up a bit on marikith subtypes, if there's any demand for that.
Certainly Nathan. As it stands we only have one other new monster type in the Gaz. Personally, I always pictured the Marikith hunters to resemble different insects and arachnids.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I'll send over my ideas.
Undead Cabbage wrote:
I've been brainstorming away and already have a tonn of ideas on mapping and small details. Communities and other critters inside. A few dread possibilities and the like.

But help is always good. Nicholas, you want to do geography? Send me a quick bullet list of what ya got and I'll send what I've been kicking around.
The number of pages on Paridon is an issue, I will agree. I'm going to trim some things in the gaz (much to my regret, but it needs to be done).
The best advice I ever heard for writers is: you have to kill your babies.
Those great lines that are witty and perfectly structured, small written bits of pure gold but that do not add anything to the narrative. You have to cut them. Mercilessly and completely. Good writers need and editor specifically for this.
This is the problem with 'big' writers: most of them forget to do this. They keep a sentance or paragraph or subplot that simply adds to the pagecount and no one wants to tell them to cut it because of the writer's reputation.
If the Gaz is good at 100 pages it should be amazing and a svelte 70.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't send in my submission, then. I'd been writing something on the Divinity of Mankind and it's influence outside of Paridon. I'd purposely set myself a 1 page limit, but considering that this really doesn't affect Paridon (it was going to be about the Divinity's reception in other domains, but wouldn't have anything about resources going back and affecting Paridon in the least), I think I should reconsider adding that to your already too much stuff.

As I'd already thought to do a QtR submission on it as well, I'll leave that for QtR.

That said, I've also submitted three Dread Possibilities (totalling a page in length, but some might not be worth having in there), so leaving the other is fine with me.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

We may also do a WE for the larger cuts such as Dread Possibilities and the like.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

@ David: I think we may have to. I have begun wielding my machete however. :P

And now, ladies and gentlemen, today's the deadline! Please try to get your submissions in by day's end. If you do not think you will be able to make it, please inform us today, so we know to expect your work in the near future (preferably week's end).

Much thanks to everyone who has sent submissions so far. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Status Report on the Zherisia Gazetteer!

- The Paridon section of Gazetteer is a done deal. Llana has done the final snipping, and we now have a high quality file on the realm of ten thousand faces.

- The GM's Appendix has been typed up, and just needs to be prunned into shape. We have new skills, new feats, new spells, new classes, new monsters, and other things. And of course, our mystery canon NPC...There is also a section on Doppleganger society, as well as a section on the Marikiths.

- The Timor Gazetteer is in the works.

Expect a great Gazetteer everyone. And Thank you to everyone who submitted to it!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I am too psyched for this to come out, The campaigne I will be starting is based primarily in Paridon and I have only the meager amount of source material released from 2nd ed.
Perfect timing guys.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The Frat's doing the editing right now, so things are coming along pretty well. Hopefully- and this is just a personal opinion!- you won't have to wait more than a month. I'm looking forward to giving it to my own players. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

That is great news, I was expecting to wait longer actually. Can't wait to see the final version.