killer klowns?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
abe
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

killer klowns?

Post by abe »

how would the main monster type work in ravenloft?(movie source"killer klowns from outer space")
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Sounds a lot like a fiend, who enjoys the clown shape for the obvious malevolence of the clown mode. In real ife, clowns actually originate from the deepest layer of hell; but for D&D we can just say they come from the Abyss and make them true demons.
Evil Reigns!!!!
The Wannabe
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wannabe »

To be honest, I really don't think that eother clowns or klowns would be appropriate. To do so, you would need a traveling circus, and the sort that produced the clowns we are familiar with would be more likey seen in Masque of the Red Death rather than Ravenloft.

On that note, I can see a demon or other such entity taking the shape of a clown and wandering Gothic Earth to cause mayhem. That would be an interesting variation on the Carnival paradigm.

Of course, if you can make it work I'd love to see it. :D

Clownwannabe
"C'mon guys, let's check it out.....what's the worst that could happen?"
abe
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by abe »

the killer klowns were basically aliens that happened to look like clowns & wrapped up people into cotten candy cacoons & they also had weapons that looked a lot like circus equipment.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Yes, yes, we all know what clowns are, so tell us about the clowns in the movie.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Oh, I loved this movie! The Killer Klowns from Outer Space never struck me as a very good fit for Ravenloft, but if you want to do it, then I think they should definitely be evil outsiders. Not necessarily from the Abyss, or even fiends, though that is certainly one way to do it.

I'll come back with more ideas when it's not so late...
wolfgang_fener
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by wolfgang_fener »

IF you're using the Carnival sourcebook, there must be a way to link a killer clown story in your game somehow... Everything can be done, its just a matter of how.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

As rivals, perhaps?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Or something new the Gentleman Caller came up with, to mock Isolde by setting them loose in his wake, wreaking havoc, before the Carnival gets to his location.... :twisted:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Hallow
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hallow »

I used sort of a clown in my campaign...
I saw the Grey Jester in Hero's of Horror and Modifyed it to
my own liking, and i found it was quite fun having him laugh at
the silly PC's.
Anyways, I used him as a Fey.
Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction
abe
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by abe »

thanks for the input!
what would be the stats for there weapons/equipment?(potential adventure ideas)
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Might make for a neat bogeyman. Maybe something like It.
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

Could you theoretically do something iwth Toben the Many? He's got the psychotic grin giong for him,a nd I can definitely see him dressing up a bunch of Toben zombies as clowns for kicks.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
mistshadow2k4
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by mistshadow2k4 »

wolfgang_fener wrote:IF you're using the Carnival sourcebook, there must be a way to link a killer clown story in your game somehow... Everything can be done, its just a matter of how.
Go read the seventh and last book in Stephen King's The Gunslinger series. Or just skim it. A little past halfway through this humongous piece of literature you'll meet an interesting fellow named Dandelo. He makes a wonderful template for an evil clown-comedian who isn't human.
[i]I have come to accept the surrender of Hell.[/i] —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings