A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim casts mage armor. It didn't seem as safe as before. In his experience, ruins made of strange stone around a tower was not the same as a traveler taking refuge in an abandoned stone building.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel concentrates and touches his chest, the translucent matter which covers his body is a clear sign that the psion has manifested inertial barrier.

“I don’t think it’s strange, it’s very rare you find a tower’s door unlocked. The strange thing is that we can see smoke but we cannot hear any cries or any kind of noise. If my tower was on fire I would scream to call help. I think it’s better get a better look of the tower before we decide to break the door.”

With that Kimuriel looks again the tower in order to see if there are any other windows or other doors.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looks around himself, almost bouncing slightly at the smell of something burning. When he realizes that everyone else is prepping for a fight, he takes a moment to take his own defensive measure, then checks for the sword he still has. There hasn't been a chance to replace his halberd yet, and with any luck, this old tower might have an armory he can investigate.

Need a hand with the door? Or perhaps a foot?
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Tadelin wrote:Need a hand with the door? Or perhaps a foot?
"Perhaps we should knock politely first? It may be that there is a hearth or chimney inside, and the fire is nothing more than some benighted hermit cooking his dinner."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"In a place like that father? Not very possible. This hermit may well be dangerous if he chooses to live here."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

alhoon wrote:"In a place like that father? Not very possible. This hermit may well be dangerous if he chooses to live here."
"Many people are dangerous to unexpected intruders who don't announce their intentions."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Either way, we need to get inside, do we not?

Albert looks to the group at large. As such, someone should make a decision as to what we should do with this door.

Albert is starting to fidget just a bit more, and the somber and docile man that was found on the table days before is barely visible underneath this sudden alteration of character.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"Be calm, Albert. Panic can drive a man to do things he'll later regret." Robert reaches out with one hand and knocks twice upon the door [unless someone vocally objects].
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

From inside the tower a coughing is heard and then footsteps. The sound of a lock unlatching and then the door opened.

Inside the tower was quite a large room with stairs leading both up and downwards. The actual room they saw was well furnished and warm. A fire cheerfully rested in its hearth and rugs and a few large windows let in the outside sunlight from high above. A few banners also hang from the walls but from this angle could not be identified.

There seemed to be no one at the door.

(Listen checks please)
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> Blarg. 14. At least my Listen modifier is positive. </OOC>
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

[OOC]17[/OOC]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim activates detect thoughts to see if someone invisible opened the door.

OOC> 19
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Robert, Ixevim and Kimuriel easily detect the rapid breathing of a person behind the door. It sounded as if they were frightened or, to the more cautious side of the mind, perhaps summoning their courage for an attack.

Ixevim hones in on the person's mind but their will is to strong to penetrate.

At the very edge of their senses the three hear whispering from the hidden person.

'They've come... here for me...'
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends the others a telepathic message "Someone is here, probably afraid. He said that "they are coming for me" perhaps he means us, perhaps someone else."

He also sends a general telepathic message to everyone and everything in the room "We are not enemies, I'm have psionic powers, don't worry." Party members in front of him, get this telepathic message, simultaneously with the other.
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"We're not here to hurt you. I'm a priest. If you're in danger, I can help you."