Bogeyman?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Bogeyman?

Post by ewancummins »

I vaguely recall a monster from the 2E Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium Supplement that was a sort of bogeyman.I think it may have attacked dreamers. I believe it was a humanoid creature. I am not thinking of the marikith. This was in the first RL MC Appendix-I am almost certain. If anyone knows what this critter is called, and has more info about it-please share the knowledge.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Are you thinking of the bastellus?
I only wish I had retired sooner!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The BASTELLUS? Yeah, I am pretty sure that is the creature in question. The name sounds right... Does anyone have more information about it? Are 3E stats for this creature available somewhere?

I am working on a new domain[island in the Sea of Sorrows] , and I want to use this particular monster in my design. It's an homage to my old Ravenloft DM, by the way .
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

It's in Denizens of Dread / Darkness 3e books.

If you do not have them with you, pm me.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)