A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert continued to listen to the two outside, being unable and unwilling to see them. After a few moments of listening, he gleans the idea that he really shouldn't be listening at all and decides that it would be better if he just moved away from the window and found something else to occupy his time this morning.

He took a moment to take stock in what possessions he now had. A simple shortsword picked up from the guard in the basement, the clothes he scrounged together from one of the rooms of the inn, and little else. There are new traveling companions, and he would feel hard pressed to ask them to spring to buy him a new halberd. Someone once told him that it was "old and outdated" for a weapon. Not as elegant as the firearms or the rapiers that were extremely common in Dementlieu shortly before he left. But the halberd always felt right in his hands, and now he felt a touch defenseless without it.

"A new day, and a new start" was a common phrase from the man who raised him, and today seemed like one of those new days. Albert hoped that it was, because he certainly isn't keen on the idea of having to slowly regrow his hair back where it was cut clean from his scalp.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"He was going to Hazlan I think. Since we're heading there we should take up the trail. He was a loyal ally; we cannot abandon him in need. Where are the others? What have you found out about the ruby?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

“We can do that yes. The ruby is a normal gem nothing special. The Father and Rosette are talking and I think Albert is upstairs.”

After a moment Kimuriel says:

“I can check the psionic impression on the dagger, Mistrazor, maybe we get another clue about your companion and later, at the night, I can try to locate his psionically only to see if he is ok.

With that Kimuriel concentrates, a translucent matter appears and covers the dagger.

OOC> Kimuriel manifests object reading.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

A mental message reaches Kimuriel's mind "Mistrazor is an artifact! You could get insane with this! Be very careful"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel immediately stops his concentration, fortunatelly he hasn't started reading the psionic impressions yet. Without hidding his surprise Kimuriel asks Ixevim:

"What an artifact? Are you sure? How this Cole get that?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim replies with the usual blank face. "I don't know that. He told me that it is an artifact and I have witness some of its miraculous powers. Perhaps it is safe to psionic read it, perhaps not. The problem is not how Cole got the knife, although I hve some theories, but how he lost it."
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, maybe I'll try to read it's psionic impressions later when we have more clues about it. As about how the dagger get here, it's easy to think if someone knew that the dagger is an artifact he could steal it and then hide it in the box. But honestly, if I had an artifact I would carry it with me. So I suppose the thief didn't know its value. Now, do you think it's safe to check psionically if your friend is alive?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Rosette looked away from Robert seemingly unable to bear his gaze as she spoke.

"I have totured and assisted in brutal acts... I have dipped my hands in a well of evil whose taint I fear may never leave me! Each day I realize more of what I have done and feel as if I am awaking from a daze. My mind..." she turns back to him and grabs his arms whispering "I don't know what has come over me." she quietly drops he hold and sits down on the verandah's floor having it seems finished speaking her mind.

Artemis meanwhile has moved over to Albert's side.

"Something troubling you old sport?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Looking troubled, but doing his best to radiate sympathy, Robert kneels down next to her. "It sounds as if you were not in control of your actions, as if some demon or sorceror had possessed you and forced you to act against your nature. If this is true, it is no fault of your own; stronger men than you or I have fallen to such dark forces. How did these things happen?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looked to Artemis, studied him for a moment, then slightly nodded.

Too long from home, too far out of place. I'm still uncertain as to how I ended up here, or even really where here is. And there's no telling how long I've been here.

In the daylight, Albert's odd-coloured eyes are even more out of place. It's easy to see that they are solid black save the ring of red where normal colour in someone else's eyes would be. He makes a motion to the sword he carries.

Makes me miss my own gear.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Rosette tells Robert of how Lord Pietor returned to Borca after decades of being presumed dead. How he led the revolution against his fiance the Lady Ivana and replaced the nobility with servants as the new social elite.

Robert also hears how the Borcan clergy had been party to these acts and attempted to usurp control from Pietor but had been overpowered by underestimating Pietor's ability to organise.

As she tells the story Rosette seems to regain some of her spirit. It is clearly evident that she had been swept up by the revolution's mentality however wether she had chosen to take part herself or been influenced was difficult to tell.

Artemis nods at Albert's words and crosses his arms in thought.

"Well to keep things simple, we are in Barovia in the year 805 or more... we are going to Hazlan for several reasons but mainly to get back to our own time and perhaps unravel this mess." he pats Albert on the shoulder "Cheer up old sport. It's a new world for most of us... I'll tell you what, I have some money stored away. How about I replace your weapon and kit. What things do you need?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim folds Mistrazor in a piece of cloth and sends everyone a mental note "Are we ready to travel yet?"
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"It is not within my power to grant you forgiveness for what you have done. I can, though, tell you, that to atone takes more than regret. Doing good, going forth and making right your wrongs, is the sign of true repentance."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert nods to Artemis. An act of kindness unexpected. 'Tis good to see such things still happen
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel nods to Ixevim and says:

“I’m ready to go; it’s a long distance till Hazlan. But what we are going to do with the puzzle in the box? I suggest getting it with us.”
- W H A T ! ? !